CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Wilma and Callisto 2014

Old 05-31-2014, 02:43 AM   #51
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
LOL Every time it happens I say "Opps sorry baby" and of course my husband knows exactly what I am doing.
"Oh, look at the clock! Time to tease the kids again!"

Old 05-31-2014, 05:16 PM   #52
hypnoctopus
That's funny, Christen! Is the baby in that picture the dark spot on the right?

Old 06-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #53
hypnoctopus
Week 4:

Old 06-14-2014, 10:43 PM   #54
hypnoctopus
Week 5 and we are approximately halfway through the incubation period! I saw a tiny bit of movement for the first time, too.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:07 PM   #55
Christen
Yay for moving babies!!!

Old 06-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #56
smigon
Hooray for beebees!

Old 06-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #57
hypnoctopus
I didn't feel like taking a picture this week, but the eggs are at 6 weeks now, so only a few weeks left! I can definitely see movement in a few of them, but the rest would have to be unburied if I wanted to see anything.

Wilma looks and feels gravid again. I think I could feel around 9 eggs inside her.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:17 AM   #58
hypnoctopus
Week 7! I have been able to see definite movement in all the eggs now, except for 2 or 3 that are at the very bottom of the pile. Really neat stuff. I wish I had some way to film it, but my camera doesn't have a video function and my phone takes terrible videos.

I took a couple of pictures of the same egg in the same spot, and if you look closely at the left side of the egg, you can see the dark red spot change shape.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #59
kc261
Getting close!

Old 07-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #60
hypnoctopus
Day 61 now. Impatience is killing me. Not only do the little snakies move around a lot in their eggs, but I can sometimes see distinct parts. They used to just be a little red blob on the bottom of the egg, but now they seem to move around more and aren't always on the bottom.

I wish that I had taken a picture when they were freshly laid with a ruler so that I could compare the size now. But they definitely seem more plump and round. Here's a comparison picture of day 1 vs. day 61:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google