CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Amethyst exotics first season!

Old 05-28-2015, 10:27 PM   #31
beccassseven
Thank you, ravenessa!!

Old 06-01-2015, 11:34 AM   #32
beccassseven

It's been 12 days since her pre-lay shed. Someone tell this girl to hurry up and lay already! She won't listen to me apparently..

Old 06-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #33
Ravenessa
I think she's doing ito n purpose!

Old 06-01-2015, 11:41 AM   #34
beccassseven
I think so too! I check on her about twice a day and she's usually in the lay box under the moss. Either that or cruising around her tub!

Old 06-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #35
beccassseven
Ok, I guess I complained too early! Just checked on her and she has just started laying! Yay!

Old 06-01-2015, 03:30 PM   #36
Tavia
Awesome! Hope she gives you lots of fertile pearly whites!

Old 06-01-2015, 03:46 PM   #37
beccassseven
Me too
Thank you Tavia!!!

Old 06-01-2015, 08:19 PM   #38
beccassseven

Checked on her around 4, and she had laid 5 eggs.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #39
Ravenessa
yay!!!!!! now we just have to wait for her to finish laying and the eggs to hatch<3

Old 06-02-2015, 07:34 AM   #40
beccassseven

Here they are and here she is taking a well deserved drink!

She started laying around 1:30-2:00pm yesterday and I checked on her before I went to bed around 9, and she still had what looked like 5 or 6 more to go. All night long I had nightmares about her laying going bad, so I got up early to check on her again and she was finally done laying. I am happy to report that she is doing just fine!

My preliminary count on the eggs is 19! This is her 2nd year breeding. (1st for me) And they all look fertile, however I have not candled them. I will give them a week to incubate and candle them when I give them their next weekly check.

When it got time to move Hera out from around the eggs, I expected it to be quite difficult. This being my first time, I was nervous. After I put her favorite hide in her tub, it was like magic. "Oh yes please!!" She crawled right out of the lay box and into her hide. Easy peasy.

Just wanted to make a umm, quick, update.

I'm a grandma!!

Back to bed!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google