• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Please Help, Can't Do Anything On Site

S

Skyclad

Everything's been fine with the site, never had any problems with it, then yesterday I had a big one. As soon as I go to the site it occurs. I can't go anywhere in the site unless I log out. Can someone help me out I'm pretty bummed about this. Thanx.

Here's the error message:

Skyclad8, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

Something seems wrong. Your name shows up but under it it says guest, posts n/a. Must be a gremlin in the works somewhere.

Makes me sad. I wish I knew how to fix it. I can be a guest but then i can't even see any posted pictures. I shall go cry in a corner now. DIE GREMLIN DIE

I'm sure Rich'll be scratching his head about this one. I'm sure there will be a few choice words mumbled too.

No, I'm not scratching my head at all. I know exactly what happened. This user has subscribed to a bunch of threads, which generate emails, and has an invalid email address. So each of those contact emails to notify him about someone responding to a subscribed thread get bounced back to me. So I locked his account to try to get his attention.

If he gives me a valid email account, then I will let him back in.

That is now my official policy. If someone allows their email address to lapse and I get bounced contact messages, they get locked out until the problem is fixed.

Yay, I don't have gremlins. I did start using a new e-mail account and I thought I went and transfered all my accounts. I guess I missed some. Sorry, but I'm so glad it's figured out. Here is my new address... [email protected]. Thanks Rich for the help. I can't wait to be able to sign back in.

Back