CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

View Poll Results: Do Girls outnumber Boys?
I am Female and own Corn Snakes. Girls Rule! 217 48.01%
I am Male and own Corn Snakes. Boys Rule! 235 51.99%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Sex of Corn Snake Owners: Do Girls out number Boys.
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 02:52 PM   #11
Rainey
HEy Gregg!

Just thought I would do the big email thing cuz not many guys were doing it.

I'm 5'10", male, red hair (afro but I am white). I'm a marathon runner and am athletic.

I'm in my 3rd of many years at college. I 'm studying to be an old testament theology professor. IF anyone doesn't know that's someone who studies the bible. I guess that brings me to my religious beliefs. I am a Christian and hold true to the teachings of the bible.

My job is a graphic designer/videographer. I work on the 3 main mediums of design: paper, web, and video.

I just got my first corn and have another couple in the works for the next couple months. Katie is her name and I love her!

Anywho, that's good enough. Hope this is helpful somehow!

Rainey

Old 09-09-2002, 01:40 AM   #12
Katie
Well my personal theory is that alot of computer geeks are also reptile lovers (corns or other). But on to the questions!

Physical features: 5'2", brown hair and eyes, 120 lbs
Political views: I really honestly wish I could say I had a view (any view!) but the sad truth is that I have NO idea what's going on in Canadian politics today....
Religious practices: Wiccan
Education: 2 years of college to become a Computer Network Administrator (A+, CNA, MCSE, CCNA certified)
Job: just finished school and on-the-job training so I'm currently looking for a permanent position
Hobbies: I'm kinda a car girl as well as computer geek.... I'm restoring a couple of cars, 6 or 7 antique snowmobiles and trying to slowly build a dune buggy. My garage and my snakes compete for my time (as well as the relatives calling to get me to fix their computers for free, AGAIN, because they did something stupid, AGAIN, that I probably warned them not to do about a month ago... sorry, but does anyone else have this problem?)

It could be just me but alot more guys are eager to meet my snakes than girls (most of whom run screaming).... it's sexist to say this but it seems that all reptiles are more a guy thing than a girl thing in this area. Not that I think this is right by any means but it just seems to be true.

Old 09-09-2002, 11:23 AM   #13
Gregg
Wow, Katie, Blessed Be!

Finally, a kindred spirit.

Well, I guess I'll also let y'all know some things about me.

I grew up in the woods, so my thoughts and humor are a bit too basic and earthy sometimes for most people. I'm 5'7", 150 lbs, blue eyed, blond going grey, long haired, earring wearing hippie type. I'll be 50 on Oct. 10th, but I feel like I'm still in my 20's.

Besides being a corn snake addict, I also obsess over drums (Gretsch, Ludwig), and bonsai.

I have BA's in Philosophy and Anthropology and an MA in Folklore and Mythology (Focus: Celtic Studies, Belief and Custom, Folk Material Culture). I worked as an archaeologist for seven years and as an Archaeologist/Folklorist for two years. Now, I create and maintain bonsai and Japanese gardens.

Religion: Wiccan (Pagan Pantheist--served as a Wiccan Priest for ten years in Atlanta, GA.).

Politics: Liberal, but a real good fence rider.

Music: Jazz, Reggae, Blues, Classical, Alternative.

TV: TLC, Discovery, Animal Planet, Court TV, Buffy, Angel, and Enterprize.

Favorite Food(s): Japanese

Favorite Drink(s): Water, ginseng, green tea, coffee.

This is really cool Gals 'n' Guys; let's keep it going.

Who's next?

Old 09-09-2002, 01:23 PM   #14
Elaphe_Mo
Alright, I'll add mine in:

When you are a girl and you say you love snakes people look at you funny.

I'm 23, will be 24 in January. I've got a BA in Biology and Biology-Mathematics (whatever that means), and am finishing up my MS in Environmental Science.

Other than reptiles, I've got a couple cats, and my other hobbies include RPGs and painting miniatures, and generally playing a lot of video games and such.

Religion: atheist
Politics: liberal

When I'm finished my degree I'll be working at a small research lab for a few years, while I decide if I want to spend the time and effort to get a degree in herpetology.

Old 09-09-2002, 11:52 PM   #15
Missymonkey
Cool not to be vain but I love talking about myself I guess its the sociologist in me

Oh I love this kinda stuff.
I am 22 in my fifth year of college studying Earlychildhood Education, French, and Sociology. I want to be a french speaking child sociologist? no just a smart kindergarten teacher.

I am a democrat, turning green party but really slowly because I am waiting for the green's to get some balls (sorry sorry sorry)

I grew up in Central WI in a lower class family who did not encourage reptiles, but did encourage self improvement and open minds. ( my parents are realy quite cool, my dad was like you Gregg for the longest time, then one day he cut his hair and kinda un-hippyafied himself, however his innerhippy still lurks

I was raised catholic till age ten, then my mom left the church and became a quaker soon the rest of our family joined too, we aren't like the oat meal guy, we are very liberal (don't care if you attend meetings just as long as you're there for the thanksgiving potluck) and we base our faith around meditation and inner light stuff

I drive a pick-up hang out with guys because they are funner, I love punk rock and old rock like Alman bros, Jimmy Buffet, zz top, skynard FREEBIRD!

I love sociology and the comparison of us to other cultures, I want to visit China someday when I am rich (ha ha ha)I also have a great passion for early childhood development and all that growing learning stuff...

I think it's important for children to be exposed to things such as snakes at an early age by someone they trust, so that they aren't scared s*tless,

I am getting married in just under a year, I'm am a true blond and love to prove it everynow and then, and GO PACKERS! (and I don't understand spongebob... wha??? )

Old 09-10-2002, 12:19 AM   #16
Gregg
Sorry, Missymonkey

I don't believe you. Prove it!

Old 09-10-2002, 12:50 AM   #17
Matt L
Gregg,
I must appologize for accusing you of being bored. This thread has become very interesting. I know I already stated I'm 37, 180lbs. 5'10" hazel eyes and brown...grey..greying hair, however I'll share some history--many others have and I enjoyed the reading.

Occupation: I found colledge a bit distracting, a Bass player and hard core surfer, I decided proffesional surfing(aka beach bum) was a good career choice.(not! the pay sucks)anybody remember Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High? not very far from reality. Oh yeah along the way--D.J. and Managing a Roller rink fell in there somewhere. Oh well, after a marital commitment and a few more beatings in colledge courses, I settled in with Genuine Parts Company(aka NAPA Auto Parts). Now a branch manager, looks like I'm in for life.

Religion: Born Methodist--lived agnostic, atheist, and born again christian. The only other thing I can say about religion is that it should NOT be sold door to door!

Politics: What can I say--they still let me Vote!

Passion: I found my fascination with snakes and other reptiles came early in life, I can remember Mom leaving laundry outside my bedroom door in fear of my many Pets. Snakes have always been my passion. I have enjoyed many over the years and about 3 years ago I decided on breeding Corns. This was my first year for breeding. I'm happy to say all hatchlings survived. Well, still 12 more eggs to go.

Hobbies: Motorcycle riding, R.C. Planes, Fishing, Computer.

Music: Rock, Alternative, Reggae, Classical and just in the last few years Country. I think this is my daughters doing, she is a country singer.

Food: Seafood--oysters, swordfish, grouper, shrimp....

T.V.: Whats that? 62" of bliss that keeps my Wife from joining me in the bedroom---thats what it is. I soak up enough U.V. from my 22" monitor. every thing is so big ??? do you think he's making up for something? yes,yes I am---my eyesite!

Next !

Old 09-11-2002, 11:09 AM   #18
Rainey
Matt!

Why do you have to beat me at everything Matt?

You've got 10" on my on the TV and 2" on your monitor. I thought I was doing pretty good (for a 22 year old)!

Great taste in food though, my fiancee doesn't share my love for the sea food!

So what's the present religious preference? Just curious... I saw Christian and wondered if I'm the only one here.

Anywho, have a good one!

Old 09-11-2002, 12:53 PM   #19
Mare
Smile My turn...

I have really enjoyed reading the replies from the other folks on the forum so, I will contribute my little bit...

I am a 40 year old (OLD? Nah!) mom of 3, very happily married and living in North Orange County, Southern California.

I grew up in Long Beach but spent most weekends with my dad either wandering around tide pools collecting for dad's tanks or hiking the hills collecting herps for mine. I have a lifelong love of all critters and am an adept rehabilitation volunteer (means I fix whatever the neiborhood brings me lol).

I have trained and shown both dogs and horses (while living in the San Joaquin valley), spent many happy years working for the US Forest Service (till I broke me knee), but now live in the burbs in a grand house with my great guy, whichever kid/s happen to be home for school &/or not living elsewhere, 2 rescued dogs, a rescued cat, a tank of African chiclids and my little collection of herps.

In addition to a total fascination with herps, I enjoy boating, wakeboarding (even in my middle-aged fat state), camping, and mostly enjoying the pursuit of happiness!!!

My attention for politics is limited so I try to focus on what is really important to me - the environment. Aside from that, I think for the most part, politics is BS and politicians mostly corrupt.

Religion... well, I sure have gone the rounds with that. Suffice it to say that I finally found what is comfortable and fulfilling to me (MY OWN path to God/dess and please, please, please don't tell me there's only one way and it's yours 'cause I might just have to scream...). I am a Pagan without any real loyalty to any particular approach to my belief. When I celebrate the Sabats, I usually follow Wiccan tradition because of how complete the rituals feel. I enjoy tradition very much...

TV means to me... Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, History Channel, Home & Garden TV, LINK, and some of the more offbeat international channels (gotta love Dateline Punjab!)

I will eat just about anything but my fave of all faves - Sushi and Raw Oysters!!!

Beverage of choice... Red Wine...

Well, I am sure you are all bored to death so off I go...

NEXT...

I

Old 09-11-2002, 01:41 PM   #20
LadyChaos
Mare....red wine - gooooood choice

I used to live in Pasadena, and it's been evil since I moved within driving distance of Napa...too much good stuff up there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread