CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Corn Snake Laws in New Jersey???

Old 04-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #31
Iguanagirl8662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
Did they updated this???
Because my understanding was that you didn't need a permit for the morphs that you listed. Only if you own an "normal" and ONLY a zoo or such could apply for one.

Ya mind giving me that address and infor where you got that permit. Please............

You need a permit for all corns even the ones listed.

This is the form you have to fill out and send in with $10. The address is at the bottom.

http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/pdf/xotic_hobby.pdf

Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #32
Iguanagirl8662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilekyle64 View Post
Do i need a permit for all my other corns i mean wouldent be selling for at least 3-4 years anyways so basicly i should just move to like pa or delaware when those 3-4 years r up? and then get my breeders license?
If you are not going to breed them while you are in NJ then you don't need Pet Shop/Retail Sales or Animal Dealer/Wholesale Sales but you do need Individual Hobby Exotic and Nongame Wildlife Species Possession permit for your corns which is the link I posted above.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #33
Reptilekyle64
ok

Thx ill prob go out and get the permit.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:10 PM   #34
misery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguanagirl8662 View Post
You need a permit for all corns even the ones listed.

This is the form you have to fill out and send in with $10. The address is at the bottom.

http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/pdf/xotic_hobby.pdf
Do you know what should be done if I don't have the pink slip?
"Your 20-day temporary permit receipt (pink slip) should be sent with this application. All permits will be denied if receipts are not provided."

I got my corns years ago and threw the slips in the trash.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #35
Iguanagirl8662
Quote:
Originally Posted by misery View Post
Do you know what should be done if I don't have the pink slip?
"Your 20-day temporary permit receipt (pink slip) should be sent with this application. All permits will be denied if receipts are not provided."

I got my corns years ago and threw the slips in the trash.
I didn't have any of mine either. They told me to expain where I got them as best I could.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #36
Pal-O-Mine
Interesting thread going on here. The man I bought my new corn from was telling me about how nervous he gets driving through Ga. because of the crazy laws. I didn't know about N.J. but I'm not that surprised. Jersey has some really idiotic laws concerning guns as well. ( Unless you're a cop or in the service!)

I guess they don't consider pet owners as PRESERVING the normal morph eh? And if the corn is endangered because of development, then why don't they restrict housing developments? Every time I go to Jersey, it seems to be wall to wall people! I avoid driving through that state like the plague because there seems to be no country anymore.

Grumble, grumble.

Devon

Old 04-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #37
danielle
I had no clue Jersey was strict like that. I mean what exactly is the big difference between a normal and amel anyway. Amelanitic genes came from the wild as well so where is their basis for this law? Honestly i would so be breaking that law its not like they can run up in your house without probable cause and a search warrant. I also highly doubt your average over weight donut eating cop could spot a corn snake you could always say its somehting else. Jersey is one of the most dirty, nasty, polluted states on the east coast (no offense) since when did they care about their native species or environment? And what about their native species of prostitutes, crack heads, and drug dealers. They may not be endangered and all but shouldn't they be busier dealing with this population?

Old 04-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #38
Iguanagirl8662
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
I had no clue Jersey was strict like that. I mean what exactly is the big difference between a normal and amel anyway. Amelanitic genes came from the wild as well so where is their basis for this law? Honestly i would so be breaking that law its not like they can run up in your house without probable cause and a search warrant. I also highly doubt your average over weight donut eating cop could spot a corn snake you could always say its somehting else. Jersey is one of the most dirty, nasty, polluted states on the east coast (no offense) since when did they care about their native species or environment? And what about their native species of prostitutes, crack heads, and drug dealers. They may not be endangered and all but shouldn't they be busier dealing with this population?
I think their main concern with dark morphs is if they get loose or someone lets them go that they will reproduce and effect the wild population where as if lighter morphs where to get out they probably wouldn't survive. My view on the law is that if you can prove the animal was not WC in NJ and you get a permit for it it should not be a problem but they don't think so and people have tried changing it but no luck.

Cops could really care less about what animals you have it's if you get reported by someone to the Wildlife Fish and Game that is the problem, but even then our Fish and Game know nothing about reptiles and I really hate them with a passion.

Personally I don't think where I live is very polluted. I think in Cape May we have been doing a pretty good job of trying to keep things clean but there are always dumb people would dump trash and stuff. Up north in the cities it does get pretty bad though.

As far as I know they are not doing anything to help the remaining population of corn snakes in NJ or any snake, turtle, frog or salamander for that matter. We have done a lot for Diamondback Terrapins but that is it as far as I know. We have a lot of threatened animals that they restrict us from owning as pets but they do not do anything to help the wild populations. As with all governments ours is retarded.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #39
danielle
I hope you know I wasn't trying to be mean making fun of dirty Jersey as we call it. I live in between D.C and Baltimore, lol nuff said I know due to the brightness of amels and their red eyes their chances of being eaten are great, but come on what kind of wacky law is that. I know you can't change it don't get me wrong, but seriously that is almost the funniest bureaucratic law I have ever heard of. I see you somewhat disregard the law as yourself and I am sure many others do the same- its just sad with all the other environmental threat around they chose to pick on corn snakes.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #40
Iguanagirl8662
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
I hope you know I wasn't trying to be mean making fun of dirty Jersey as we call it. I live in between D.C and Baltimore, lol nuff said I know due to the brightness of amels and their red eyes their chances of being eaten are great, but come on what kind of wacky law is that. I know you can't change it don't get me wrong, but seriously that is almost the funniest bureaucratic law I have ever heard of. I see you somewhat disregard the law as yourself and I am sure many others do the same- its just sad with all the other environmental threat around they chose to pick on corn snakes.
I know you weren't trying to be mean and I don't take it personally. A lot of Jersey is nasty but it tends to be more Central and North Jersey, South Jersey is still pretty good and I hope it stays that way.

I agree completely that the law is stupid and there are a lot other things they should be concerning themselves about. I do not sell or breed my dark eyed corns but I do own them and they happen to be my favorites, so I hope one day they will change that law but I'm sure it's doubtfully

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google