• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pip-pip-hurrah!

Janine, I don't mean to be critical, but your nail polish is blue.
And my toenails match! I'm not allowed any nail varnish or jewellery at work, so I make up for it when I have a few days off. Once my holiday tan fades the blue polish can go into brumation.

10 are ready to go! Feeding well and just waiting for the petshop to get a new viv stack put up. 5 are non-feeders so far, but there's a mouse getting ready to pop any day, if I have to try live I will.
Pearl's monsters have all shed, so I'll try their first feed on Monday.
Of course, the hypo I wanted to keep is in the non-feeding group:headbang:
Looks like Pearl's anery het blood/hypo may be the keeper instead

Glad to hear that some a ready to go now J9 :D

I'm sending good eating vibes your way for the rest of the little'uns, good luck ;)

Best wishes,

Thanks Nanci, I won't give up. A mother mouse produced today, so 5 little non-feeders are now 2 well-fed babies and 3 (hopefully) thinking about eating. Of course so far the hypo's just thinking about it!

Those photos are incredible. It's so crazy how focused the the babies are just seconds after they break free from the egg. Good luck with all of them, and I hope they all start eating for you, though I'm sure they will. I had a really big problem trying to get my hypo Riddle to eat when I got him. He was just to frantic to eat when I put him in a tupperware with a thawed pinky, and the only way I got him to eat was strange. I held him firmly, though I didn't squeeze, to slow up his frantic behavior, and then I dangled a thawed pinky in front of him while he stayed in my hands. He struck at first try, and then I just slowly lowered him into his tupperware, where he finished digesting his first pinky. After a few meals with that technique he just started eating regularly, and hasn't missed a meal since. I don't know if you want to try this, but it worked for me, and it could work for you. Either way, good luck and I hope everything works out for you!.

Thanks for the suggestion Ricky. I've had some success with non-feeders in the past. I'll see how these little darlings respond to live reds, then next try will probably be washed f/t.

First lot of 9 hatchlings sold! I had to fight the urge to go back and bring them home.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 5a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 101
Bye-bye little 'uns, long and happy lives to you!

Attachments

• 6a.jpg
    6a.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 102
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 8a.jpg
    8a.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 9a.jpg
    9a.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 103
:dancer::dancer::dancer: The 3 non-feeders ate a pinky head each! I was trying tiny pinks, but as the snakes were 5, 5 and 6g, they must have been too big. At last little feeding lumps.

Thanks, I suppose as I've never dealt with tiny hatchlings before I was trying to give them giant meals, then wondering why they didn't eat!

Back