CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Pip-pip-hurrah!

Old 08-28-2008, 05:00 AM   #81
diamondlil
The thing most resembled the contents of the eggs that didn't hatch last year, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was unabsorbed egg. What's puzzling is how it was passed? The way I'm thinking, it didn't come out through the hernia and stump, because that would have opened up the abdomen. So the hatchling either regurged or pooped it out.
I'm not planning to try feeding until after the first shed, and for this baby I'll try the smallest red I've got.
No signs of pipping from Pearl or Annie's clutches yet. Beautiful plump eggs, no signs of rot, but no more pippies yet! I'm away on holiday a week Saturday, so I'm itching for these to emerge soon!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #82
kathylove
But are you sure it couldn't have been stored in the little stump you mentioned?

Old 08-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #83
wade
Kathy, you may have the idea. Maybe the substance was more fluid and was expelled through the umbelicus then solidified. That kind of makes sense.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #84
diamondlil
The 'thing' was about the size of a peach fuzzy, so I hope not. (By which I mean if it came through the umbilicous, wouldn't it disrupt the healing?)

Old 08-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #85
diamondlil
Oh, ad i was a discrete, solid lump, expelled on to moist towel.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #86
diamondlil
Darn typos! AND & IT!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #87
cornmorphs
i've had one a few years back, it was like the end of a tail, well maybe bottom 20% of the body. It came out at a right angle, similar to that, but it was the actual whole body, full shin and everything if that makes sense.
it didnt survive.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #88
Talinea
So it was something like a siamese twin? or a re-absobed twin? scary...

Old 08-28-2008, 04:20 PM   #89
kathylove
That was really my only guess. I guess you would have had to take it to a vet to look at "up close" for a real answer. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #90
diamondlil
Thanks for your help and suggestions Kathy, I suppose I should have examined the 'thing' more closely.
When you've had hatchling with a herniated stump of umbilicus, did it just drop off eventually?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google