CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

DIY Front Opening Aquariums

Old 03-17-2010, 06:59 AM   #71
girthta
*drooooool*

Old 05-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #72
CorneliusTheCorn
Here's mine. I just happened to come across this. Here's what I had done with a spare 55 gallon aquarium I had gotten off craigslist for $30. I keep my amel corn in it. He loves the added floor space the sideways tank gives him.

This took me about an hour to do. I used a radial arm saw with the blade going backwards to cut it. I used nuts and bolts to secure hinges to center support of tank.

Here's the link to my video on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59mk4...=youtube_gdata

Old 05-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #73
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusTheCorn View Post
Here's mine. I just happened to come across this. Here's what I had done with a spare 55 gallon aquarium I had gotten off craigslist for $30. I keep my amel corn in it. He loves the added floor space the sideways tank gives him.

This took me about an hour to do. I used a radial arm saw with the blade going backwards to cut it. I used nuts and bolts to secure hinges to center support of tank.

Here's the link to my video on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59mk4...=youtube_gdata
Here you go, you can embed youtube videos here.

Looks very nice.. I like the double doors.
How old is your snake by the way???

Old 05-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #74
CorneliusTheCorn
Not sure how old he is. I'm thinkin about a year.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:22 PM   #75
azhketh
I love these, if only I had the tools and the actual skill!

Old 06-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #76
CorneliusTheCorn
Actually, all you need is a drill b/c you can have Lowes cut the glass if you buy it there.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #77
bluedragonbrown
I was thinking of doing some thing like this with all my 20 gallon tanks. Looks good. nice job.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:26 AM   #78
azhketh
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusTheCorn View Post
Actually, all you need is a drill b/c you can have Lowes cut the glass if you buy it there.
Well, for the most part; would they cut out that ventilation hole though?

Old 07-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #79
HERETiC
I need to make a 3/4" hole for the cam lock in my 1/4" plexi, what is the best way to go about it?

Thanks.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #80
Ernst
My slightly modified version of this project with an old 55 gal. aquarium.
I removed the glass brace from the top(since it was inside the plastic lip it was in the way), cut a new one from 1/4 plexi as well as end pieces and doors. Also cut a piece to fit inside dividing the tank into two compartments(glued in place with clear silicone). I cut the plexi on my table saw, before removing the protective covering, with a 60 tooth carbide blade that I use for woodworking. Instead of a large square for ventilation I drilled several small holes in the plexi with a uni-bit(Home Depot, Lowes, etc.). Just color the step above where you want to stop drilling with magic marker. Drills the plexi smoothly with no chipping or cracking. Also used it to drill the holes for the barrel locks.
Pictures of the front of the tank, uni-bit and the project manager!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google