CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard?

Old 01-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #61
Ploki
A guy at work asked if they eat crickets.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #62
Tracee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
"110%" I refuse to use this meaningless expression.
That is my ULTIMATE pet hate, I cannot stand to hear it. You cannot give more than 100%!!! Drives me doolally

Old 01-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #63
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploki View Post
A guy at work asked if they eat crickets.
I just would like to remind people that these are not stupid questions and there is no such thing as a stupid question.

The average person who is beginning in the hobby or doesnt know snakes doesnt know a Corn snake Diet from that of a Leopard Gecko. We should not consider these people stupid because they are not. They just do not know the proper diets of these animals. It take a few minutes of education to show them the proper procedures.

Remember, you are specialized in what you are doing. Now if you went to a computer store and asked them a simple question that you were not sure on and they turned around and stated that you were stupid or that was a stupid question to a co-worker later on, how would you feel?

When some one says a question like that just think of them as newbies and are wanting to learn from you.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #64
Ploki
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post
I just would like to remind people that these are not stupid questions and there is no such thing as a stupid question.

The average person who is beginning in the hobby or doesnt know snakes doesnt know a Corn snake Diet from that of a Leopard Gecko. We should not consider these people stupid because they are not. They just do not know the proper diets of these animals. It take a few minutes of education to show them the proper procedures.

Remember, you are specialized in what you are doing. Now if you went to a computer store and asked them a simple question that you were not sure on and they turned around and stated that you were stupid or that was a stupid question to a co-worker later on, how would you feel?

When some one says a question like that just think of them as newbies and are wanting to learn from you.
Yeah, ummm.... thanks for that

Old 01-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #65
Hallie
Quote:
Yeah, ummm.... thanks for that
This was completely uncalled for.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #66
Ploki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallie View Post
This was completely uncalled for.
And I wonder why I quit coming here for so long. My post wasnt as bad as others making people out to be but i get a verbal lashing for my post.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #67
tricksterpup
Quote:
And I wonder why I quit coming here for so long. My post wasnt as bad as others making people out to be but i get a verbal lashing for my post.
I wasnt just lashing out at yours.. it was an example.
Quote:
I think people really need to take a step back and remember knowing nothing when it comes to snakes.

That wasn't a verbal lashing, if you want one, I can give it. But that wasn't a verbal lashing.

What the person asked you was a genuine question, your response wasn't.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #68
Hallie
Quote:
I wasnt just lashing out at yours.. it was an example.

I think people really need to take a step back and remember knowing nothing when it comes to snakes.

That wasn't a verbal lashing, if you want one, I can give it. But that wasn't a verbal lashing.

What the person asked you was a genuine question, your response wasn't.
This was what I was going to attempt to say, I just couldn't put it in words (been a long few days, can't think straight ).

Old 01-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #69
Drizzt80
Quote:
and there is no such thing as a stupid question.
I respectfully disagree. You definitely supplied beautiful examples of situations where certain questions are not stupid (and I agree), but I can assure you there are stupid questions.

D80

PS. Can I get my tongue lashing with extra mayo?!

Old 01-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #70
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
I can assure you there are stupid questions.
For example:

"Hey, flat tire?"

That's a stupid question.

D80

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google