CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

...sigh! Fat Boy? or Gravid Gal?

Old 03-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #31
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraherps View Post
Opps... Forgot the "Rest" of the Up-Date... For those watching this saga play out along with me... Whytsnake has "Retired" into the "Laying Box" entirely! First time she has put her WHOLE body in... And she has not come out for about an hour now...!!!!!

THIS IS SO EXCITING I COULD JUST SCREAM! ! ! ! lmao.... But I am attempting to keep my head... As I know... It could still not be time yet...

........................BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF IT IS! LOL
Quote:
Well... I started to loose hope when SHe came out of the laying box, and then got worried because her last 1/4 was not looking as rounded... BUT THEN! Good Ol' Dale posted the JELLO BUTT link, and "I'm MUCH BETTER NOW!" LMAO!

Everything appears as it should be.... sigh! Now... I am wondering if I should go borrow a heating pad from the neighbor, just in case she DOES lay... That would keep the warmth up until Sean gets home and can set up the incubator.... Right??? (she asked squeemishly!)
I wouldn't wait up in order to watch her lay eggs! I've had females spend up to three weeks in the lay box (mind you, I put it in LONG before their pre-lay shed), simply out of comfort.

And for whatever MY opinion is worth, I don't think you'll need to add a heat source specifically for the lay box, either. I use 41 quart Sterilites for my adults - long enough to place the lay box in between the warm and cool hide boxes - and they've had no problem camping out there for as long as they did.

Keep us posted!

Dale

Old 03-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #32
sierraherps
Thank You Dale.... Guess I can turn off the coffee pot now! LOL And stop boiling the water huh!? lmao!

You guys here are so great!!!

Double Thankx To Dale!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #33
jazzgeek
Quote:
Thank You Dale.... Guess I can turn off the coffee pot now! LOL And stop boiling the water huh!? lmao!

You guys here are so great!!!

Double Thankx To Dale!
Oh, don't worry. The REAL fun and headbanging begins when the eggs are "on the ground". It'll be the SLOWEST two months of your life! You'll be checking on them at least FOUR times daily, and when it's close to pipping time, find an area rug/runner that you can pace on....it'll save you LOTS in replacing the carpet.

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Dale

Old 03-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #34
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek View Post
Oh, don't worry. The REAL fun and headbanging begins when the eggs are "on the ground". It'll be the SLOWEST two months of your life! You'll be checking on them at least FOUR times daily, and when it's close to pipping time, find an area rug/runner that you can pace on....it'll save you LOTS in replacing the carpet.

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Dale
That is soooo true! Then when the first nose pokes out it gets even worse. You will look and see one then get excited. Then the baby will tease you by coming part way out then go back in. And they can do this for days. You will be wearing the little white coat before it's over.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #35
dizeedoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
You will look and see one then get excited. Then the baby will tease you by coming part way out then go back in. And they can do this for days.
This made me laugh out loud (excuse the LOL) but crikey. I am so glad you said that, becasue I know if I were watching pippies pip and pop back in I'd be like what on earth is wrong? hahahaha

hahaha.. am I alone in thinking that's too adorable for words.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #36
sierraherps
... well Sorta...

I FINALLY SAW SNAKES SCHMUCKIN!!! WOOOHOOO! ! !
lmao No kidding, BLEW MY MIND COMPLETELY! We put our Little Upper Keys Fem in with "OUR NOW ONLY MALE" OB1 so we could clean her cage... OB's fully in the blue! His entire body is a ruddy pink, and eyes blind as can be...... And Lil'Momma, just got her color back, should shed ANY MINUTE basically...

NEXT THING I KNOW....

I hear this sound that reminded me instantly of my early 20's, deck handing for a puker out of Newport Oregon during Halibut season.....

"ZZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZZZzzzzz" ( the sound the fishing line makes as a fish hits your bait and RUNS LIKE CRAZY and the whole boat yells "FISH ON"!

IT WAS THAT POOR BLIND OB and his 3 yr mate, Lil Momma!! (We bought the pair as a "Proven Breeding Pair" back in Dec) That tiny female, was FLYING through the VIV like her butt was on fire and OB was Surfing her like a torrant wave at Malibu!!!

WOW!!! O M G ! ! ! THAT WAS SOOOO COOL!!! And HEY EVERYBODY,

NOW... I REALLY KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!" lmao!!! Yeeeaaa HAaaaa

"EGGS ON!"... I know I know... EVENTUALLY! But at least I SAW THIS ONE HAPPEN!!! I KNOW THEY DID IT!! and as soon as they shed, we are putting them back together!!!!
And now...

............................. on the continuing "Ms. Whytsnake" Saga...

Sean and I went today and got her better heating for under her "laying box" and everything we will need for incubation for "If & When" she lays eggs from that DAILY EXPANDING BELLY of hers!!! Another 10 gal. tank, another heating pad, vermiculite.. deep dish plastic boxes, ect!!
We also picked up more stuff I needed to continue my new side-line... I am "Making" my own hides and climbs and stuff like that... I have always been a bit crafty... (As in "Creative with Crafts!"... not the OTHER kind of "Crafty!"... well ok, not anymore anyways!! LOL) When I have a few more done I will take post some pics if they don't look to "Kindergartedn". Sean figured it might help me "pass the hours, days, weeks..... sigh!" or how ever long it could be before I SEE EGGS laid... And then of course... As you all have said... We will go rug shopping so I can make it to NOSES POKING OUT, with out finding myself with a suddenly "BARE FLOOR" in need of carpeting!

Well that's it for now... time to go read all the happy news from all of you and quitely ENVY you while at the same time... feeling your excitment & pride!

BUT NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS FROM HERE ON OUT!....

I SAW SNAKES SCHMUCKIN!!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #37
jazzgeek
Sheesh, Mary Ann!

Here's a tip:

Next time, to try to keep the reader interested, you just may want to add some vivid imagery, and be more enthusiastic.

K?

Dale

Old 03-15-2009, 05:39 AM   #38
sierraherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek View Post
Sheesh, Mary Ann!

Here's a tip:

Next time, to try to keep the reader interested, you just may want to add some vivid imagery, and be more enthusiastic.

K?

Dale

Yepperz Dale, your right, I really must work on my "Beating around the bush" communications... I shall try to post with more clarity and even fiegn excitement when appropriate! I PROMISE to try harder from now on !!

ROTFFLMFAO!!!

Hey Dale?? YOU ROCK!! I like you!! What are your hets? LOL

Mary Ann

Old 03-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #39
dizeedoo
hahahahaha..... that's heck funny.

so in your 20's you were a deckie and in my 20's we were chartering game boats so I could live my fantasy of big game hunter so the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I remember all to well - thanks for the memories.

lol.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #40
sierraherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizeedoo View Post
hahahahaha..... that's heck funny.

so in your 20's you were a deckie and in my 20's we were chartering game boats so I could live my fantasy of big game hunter so the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I remember all to well - thanks for the memories.

lol.
HAHAHHA!! You betchya Di! I aim to please! LOL For more than half of my 20's decade, I too was living out a fantasy... I toured as lead singer/songwriter/musician/manager of the Top 40/Originals Band "FASTLANE"!

Which as it turns out? In the begining, is a lot more like deck hand work than people know! Going from bar to bar... smooshing people with lots of money, hoping they will part with a decent amount of that money by giving it to you for the work you do, you see people at both their best & their worst & meet different people everyday, and... it seems there is nearly ALWAYS puke invloved! LMAO! Only the Dress code & smells seems to really differ between those two jobs!! LMAO!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google