• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first year breeding

Thank you! I got them in smaller tubberware containers with damp papertowels. Getting them in there wasn't easy x.x (cant wait to do that with all of them when I move x.x)

I put them in the incubator so they're slightly warmer than room temp. I will check on them before I go to bed.

Yeah, hatchling- wrangler is an underrated skill, lol. Sounds like you've got things under control.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

When the babies were incubating, and I was thinking who I was going to keep, I thought, "Well the amels won't be too exciting" But like all the different Amels are all so pretty, idk how I'm ever going to choose lol.

IMG_4909.jpeg

IMG_4906.jpeg

With this new promotion, looks like I'll have to be moving out ASAP lmao

Hey, congratulations! How soon is ASAP, and how far are you moving?

I always think it's interesting to look at individual variation.

At least the first batch of babies has considerately hatched before you pull up stakes. That was nice of them.

Hey, congratulations! How soon is ASAP, and how far are you moving?

I always think it's interesting to look at individual variation.

At least the first batch of babies has considerately hatched before you pull up stakes. That was nice of them.

I live with my sister, and we're moving in august, but I'll still have to keep my snakes in my room.

I meant like move out into my own house lol

Hey, moving is moving. It's one of my least favorite things to do, although I'm truly sad that we didn't make a recently planned move. At least your babies showed some consideration for your timing, lol.

I had to help the babies with the stuck shed, that was fun for all parties involved x.x

All but one babies have shed now, and the first 3 to shed get their first meals on Saturday, wish me luck

Aww, I hate when that happens [emoji53]. Glad you got them sorted though. Many wishes for luck with the feeding. I always breathe a huge sigh of relief after they take their first meal. Here's to no refusals for yours!

3/3 for eating! Here's to hoping everyone keeps everything down lol.

10 slated to eat tomorrow. (I'm doing 5 days after first shed)

I think I'm going to have to switch from tong feeding to drop feeding, one of the babies is super high strung and kept jumping out of the bin, caught it 3 times..but the 4th time, right on the floor. I had to dive to grab it before it hid behind something x.x Needless to say we're both traumatized after that lol.

Every baby after that, I just dropped the pinky in the bin. I prefer tong feeding but in such small tubs, it's too risky for the high strung ones. There's no where to go but out x.x

So far I am 13/13 eaters. I skipped Geronimo, after that ordeal, I moved to him tomorrow's group.

25/26 babies have eaten, I offered Geronimo a pinky but hasn't eaten it yet, I'll check again in the morning. 5 more to go tomorrow.

25/26 babies have eaten...

That's a huge congratulations! I always breathe a sigh of relief after the first meals are inside the babies.

FWIW I don't even try to mess with tongs when feeding bitty babies. (The exception is if I'm working with a picky eater.) Too easy for things to go sideways.

That's a huge congratulations! I always breathe a sigh of relief after the first meals are inside the babies.

FWIW I don't even try to mess with tongs when feeding bitty babies. (The exception is if I'm working with a picky eater.) Too easy for things to go sideways.

yes I have learned my lesson lol. Geronimo ate last night thankfully.

Sooo right now I'm at 30/31 eaters. Hopefully by morning I'll be 31/31.

Finally getting to weight the babies so far averaging 7 grams, after first meal and first (mouse) poop. In terms of sexing, I thought I was going to use the light trick since they're all amels, but either I dont know what I'm doing (plausible) or everyone I've checked so far has been a girl lol.

Have I mentioned how hard it's going to be to decide who I am keeping? :laugh:

Cleaned out his tub and weighed this one today and they're GORGEOUS, all that red. Also I can now tell the difference between who does and doesn't have belly checkers and this one doesn't. So it's probably a (low expression?) motley right?

FV26hDLWQAEC9M_.jpeg

Looks like a typical motley to me. Very nice.

Have I mentioned how hard it's going to be to decide who I am keeping? :laugh:

Cleaned out his tub and weighed this one today and they're GORGEOUS, all that red. Also I can now tell the difference between who does and doesn't have belly checkers and this one doesn't. So it's probably a (low expression?) motley right?

View attachment 198281

Awesome!!! It is really wonderful that they're all eating!! (Including your pretty Amel Motley.)

Deciding on keepers can really be difficult. How many do you plan to hang onto?

Awesome!!! It is really wonderful that they're all eating!! (Including your pretty Amel Motley.)

Deciding on keepers can really be difficult. How many do you plan to hang onto?

The plan is/was(?) 2, one snow, one Amel. But now there's like 3 amels I want to keep lol

Back