CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Nanci's SnickerSnakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Nanci's SnickerSnakes Welcome to SnickerSnakes- where the pretty snakes are! I love striped cornsnakes in red, white, purple, peach and pink. Foundation stock, breeding plans, and hopefully hatchling news!

2010 Joint Project: Rosy Lavender Bloodreds!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Nanci
2010 Joint Project: Rosy Lavender Bloodreds!

I am extremely excited to announce the launch of a new breeding project, in partnership with John Finsterwald, Colorado Corns. If luck is with us, John and I will use the hold-backs from this season for a future generation of Rosy Lavender Bloodreds! John has sent me his male Rosy Bloodred, Fred, on breeding loan.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Nanci
Fred will be paired up with the lovely Lily, Lavender Bloodred. The first generation will be Bloodreds, het for Lavender. We will have to wait and see how “Rosy” they turn out! Split the clutch, send half of them home to John in Colorado, grow them up for three years, breed them back to each other and voila! Rosy Lavender Bloodreds! Fred is out of Don Soderberg’s line of Rosy Bloods.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Nanci
It is thought that this line of SMR Rosy Bloods, originating from a wild-caught pair, is actually carrying the Kastanie gene. As I understand things, this is expected to be proven in 2010. Whle I typically like instant gratification in terms of cornsnake breeding projects, the prospect of producing some of the very first Rosy Lavender Bloodreds in the United States was too exciting to pass up! Thank you, John, for the opportunity! Fred is freshly-shed, and Lily is blue. Watch for updates!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
Nanci
A picture of the happy couple! Lily shed a few days ago. They have been introduced, but have not mated yet.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
Nanci
Wow, update needed! Fred and Lily have bred successfully, WITH evidence, four times now, starting on the ninth day post shed and continuing every three days thereafter.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
RobStevens
Good looking couple.It will be interesting to see how much diffusion the babies have.
Congrats on the breeding.
Rob

Old 04-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
Nanci
Thanks Rob! Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you are Fred's breeder!

Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #8
RobStevens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Thanks Rob! Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you are Fred's breeder!
Yea,i believe he did get Fred from us.He looks great as does your girl.
Let me know if you guys have too many babies.I think i could us a couple here lol.
Rob

Old 04-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
Nanci
Hook-up number five tonight! How many times will they go???

Old 04-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #10
Nanci
Waiting....waiting....impatiently waiting....

I _think_ I feel at least 11 bumps in there!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google