CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Black Vomit

Old 07-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #1
tiagopfp
Black Vomit

hi , i feed my 4 years old CornSnake on monday, i handle her two days after i feed her, and today but today when i was handling her she open her mouth and something was wrong so i put her on her terrarium and she vomit a black stuff she never that before, whats going on ? ( sorry my english )

Old 07-03-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
zorro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagopfp View Post
hi , i feed my 4 years old CornSnake on monday, i handle her two days after i feed her, and today but today when i was handling her she open her mouth and something was wrong so i put her on her terrarium and she vomit a black stuff she never that before, whats going on ? ( sorry my english )
I would always wait 3 days to handle after feeding, do you have a picture of the "vomit"? It most likely a regurge but a pic would help.
John

Old 07-03-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
tiagopfp
I clean it because he puke right in the middle of her terrarium , but i was liquid with some mice and black, but mostly liquid

Old 07-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #4
DollysMom
That sounds like a regurge. The most important thing right now is to not handle your snake and do not feed your snake for at least eight days. When you do feed your snake again give it half the amount you normally have been feeding it.

Still provide water as you normally do.

The info about what to do is in this post. See Kathy Love FAQ.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

Old 07-03-2015, 11:01 AM   #5
tiagopfp
Ow thank you alot

Old 07-06-2015, 09:50 AM   #6
tiagopfp
Just a quick update, hes doing fine , but im a little worried because im waiting the 8 days and he last eat on last monday i feed him 7 in 7 days so hes gona skip a meal , its okay ?

Old 07-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #7
HVani
He'll be just fine skipping a meal. They can go months without eating without issue.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:29 PM   #8
tiagopfp
Good, anyone have an i idea if he could have regurge from strees of me handling even tought it was 4 days after feeding ? or could have take her a little more to digest that usual ?

Old 07-06-2015, 07:59 PM   #9
zorro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagopfp View Post
Good, anyone have an i idea if he could have regurge from strees of me handling even tought it was 4 days after feeding ? or could have take her a little more to digest that usual ?
usually 4 days is plenty, I thought you said that it was only two days. If the meal was a little larger than usual then it could take longer. Give your snake some small meals for a while.
John

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google