CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New to Snakes and this Forum

Old 07-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #1
Karebayer
New to Snakes and this Forum

Hi there. I'm the proud recent owner of my first corn snake. Rook is a one year old corn snake, who was given to me by my husband for Mother's Day. I have been wanting one for 20 years now, so I am totally thrilled!

Rook is very gentle, and loves to be handled. He will come and "smell" my hand when I reach into his vivarium, and once he recognizes my smell, he will creep slowly into my hand and up my arm.

I am a ridiculous animal lover, and find it exciting to see Rook, and my 15 year old cat, Harley, sniffing each other, and slowly getting to know each other. Harley has been friends with hamster (Steve), Hermit crabs (Felix and Eddie), bunny (Batman) and numerous other animals in his lifetime. (My kids were also animal lovers).

I have been stalking this forum for a while now, and am grateful for much of the information I have found here. It has been a great resource, and I am happy to be a part of it now.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #2
IrishInIsengard
Welcome, Karebayer! This website is truly amazing for corn advice, tips and tricks. I got mine unexpectedly when a co-worker was unloading some of his snake collection. I had to read up really quick and get everything ready in under a week. Everyone here has been super welcoming and just a wealth of information!

I hope you stick around and show off your lovely new family member

Old 07-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #3
DollysMom
Hi Karebayer! Welcome and congrats on getting your corn snake. When you are able, please post pics. Everyone around here loves corn snake pics. Besides we can tell you how beautiful Rook is, once we see a picture.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
Karebayer
Pictures of Rook

Name:  rook2.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  35.6 KB

Here's one I took yesterday when Rook was swimming in his tub. I hope I did it correctly?

I'll add more in a bit!

Old 07-04-2015, 11:46 AM   #5
Karebayer
More pics of Rook

Now that have figured it out, here are some more photos of Rook.
Rook peeking out of my hair:
Name:  IMG_1150.JPG copy.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  137.5 KB

Rooks imitation of a hair clip:
Name:  IMG_1156copy.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  47.5 KB

Rook working on my husbands desk:
Name:  IMG_1157copy.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  51.8 KB

Rook hanging out in his favorite plant:
Name:  IMG_1176copy.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  53.1 KB

Old 07-04-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
DollysMom
He's awesome! Great pics.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:21 AM   #7
hypnoctopus
Welcome to the forum! Very cute snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google