CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Me here to feed.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:48 AM   #11
CornSnameGal
That was meant to say Feisty

Old 07-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #12
Zombiegirl
Quote:
This could make him a boisterous and fiesta snake that bites all of the time so feed him in a plastic tub in the tank
Not necessarily. I've fed my snow stripe in her viv and she is sweet as pie. I don't do it every feeding mind you, however I DO feed my rubber boa in her viv every time and she is also sweet as can be.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #13
CornSnameGal
Well then you have the few sweet exceptions if you did that since they were baby's I surprised they haven't mistaken your hand for food

Old 07-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #14
Zombiegirl
Well I know I'm not the only one

Old 07-06-2015, 02:28 PM   #15
Fauna
I have decided to feed in the terrarium, but I don't just place the pinkie on a paper towel, I put it in the deli bowl. He's my snake so it's ultimately my decision. Everything has done smoothly so far.

x- Misty

Old 07-06-2015, 03:11 PM   #16
CornSnameGal
Zombie girl how long have u had snakes for and how many do you have?

Old 07-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #17
Chip
I have about 70, have kept corns continuously since the 90's, and feed inside the enclosure. I have those that are nippy or food aggressive, but they are few and far between, and I doubt feeding outside the cage would change this. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138567

Old 07-06-2015, 03:55 PM   #18
Artemisace
I feed all my snakes in their tubs or cages and have never had an issue. I feed with tongs and the snakes seem to associate tyne tongs with food. This is even true of my giants, mainly my retics. They have learned that when they see tyne tongs it means food. Other than that they don't get nippy or agresive at all. It really comes down to personal preference and your individual animal.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Old 07-06-2015, 05:45 PM   #19
Zombiegirl
I have 6 snakes of various species, and I've been keeping snakes on and off for 10+ years...I have ALWAYS fed in separate bins...unless the situation dictates otherwise (i.e. my rubber boa)

Old 07-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #20
Zombiegirl
Quote:
I put it in the deli bowl
My rubber boa has a little green ceramic dish her mice go into and she knows exactly where it is

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google