• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My gravid corn is pooping... is this possible?

scarf_faced

I was positive that she was gravid, until I noticed poop in her viv. The male and female were always kept together (I know, I know. Story for another time). She was never broomated and ate maybe 2 weeks before I noticed the swelling near her vent. It is swollen from the vent up to her midsection, like everywhere states it would be if she were gravid. She has been refusing food, very actice, digging underground, trying to escape her viv, shed 10 days ago.

Is it possible that since she didnt broomate, she didnt have a chance to clean her track out. Now she is pushing the eggs down and the poop along with that?

Sorry if any of this sounded ingorant. First time in this position.

Best,
Dom

Well you were correct, she was gravid. Brumation is not necessary for corns to mate and the female to lay. The easiest way to tell if the female is gravid is to run your fingers down her underside. Some people can detect eggs when they are small, but I can't feel anything until they are really formed. Once the female sheds she will become restless looking for a good place to lay her eggs. However, I have had a few females lay without shedding, but I did notice them roaming around their enclosure, so knew something was up. Eating, or failure to eat, doesn't seem to be any indicator with my females. Some eat right up to the day they lay. Good luck with the eggs.

Back