CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

morph help please
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #11
GMR_TFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
the (hypo?) snow
Yours is not a Hypo Snow. Yours is what is referred to as a Redfactor snow. Redfactor is an incomplete dominant mutation which even in het (heterozygous meaning it only has one copy of the mutation) form can be visual though not as much as it is in homo (homozygous meaning it has two copies of the mutation) form. Some people use the terms Coral Snow for the het form and Salmon Snow for the Homo form however those are actually lines of Redfactor Snows named by Jim Stelpflug and subsequently used by JMG in the Coral Arena while Jim Stelpflug decided to change the name of his to Salmon. Those terms were originally used back in the day when it was believed that Hypo and Strawberry were in fact the cause of the additional pink however since then they've proven that the additional pink comes from a red enhancing mutation they dubbed as Redfactor.
 
Old 03-06-2019, 03:13 PM   #12
Raven
So if the one snow that has the "stripe" is redfactor snow and not hypo, what are his peachy brown morph siblings? They can't be ghost then, correct? I mean they can be, but that would be a lot of compatible hets that the parents had.
 
Old 03-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #13
67temp
Since you know amel is there because of the snows maybe you have ultra in the mix too. That would explain the pupil color being red/ruby.
 
Old 03-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #14
Raven
I guess I have a bit more test breeding to do in the future! ��
 
Old 03-07-2019, 10:35 PM   #15
GMR_TFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMR_TFH View Post
Yours is not a Hypo Snow. Yours is what is referred to as a Redfactor snow. Redfactor is an incomplete dominant mutation which even in het (heterozygous meaning it only has one copy of the mutation) form can be visual though not as much as it is in homo (homozygous meaning it has two copies of the mutation) form. Some people use the terms Coral Snow for the het form and Salmon Snow for the Homo form however those are actually lines of Redfactor Snows named by Jim Stelpflug and subsequently used by JMG in the Coral Arena while Jim Stelpflug decided to change the name of his to Salmon. Those terms were originally used back in the day when it was believed that Hypo and Strawberry were in fact the cause of the additional pink however since then they've proven that the additional pink comes from a red enhancing mutation they dubbed as Redfactor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
So if the one snow that has the "stripe" is redfactor snow and not hypo, what are his peachy brown morph siblings? They can't be ghost then, correct? I mean they can be, but that would be a lot of compatible hets that the parents had.
I'm not saying hypo isn't in the mix. It still very well could be. From what I can see from the pics it appears you have some Anery Motley, some Ghost Motley, and some Snow Motley. Did you not get any Amel in the clutch at all?
 
Old 03-08-2019, 02:22 AM   #16
Raven
They are all motley-stripe. And no amel. I'm pretty sure that would be impossible given the parents genetics since they are both anery type morphs. Im now questioning if they are anery a or b or a combo. The only reason I can suspect or conclude amel is even a genetic factor were the snow base morph hatchlings meanining both parents were also het for amel.
 
Old 03-08-2019, 10:45 AM   #17
GMR_TFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
They are all motley-stripe. And no amel. I'm pretty sure that would be impossible given the parents genetics since they are both anery type morphs. Im now questioning if they are anery a or b or a combo. The only reason I can suspect or conclude amel is even a genetic factor were the snow base morph hatchlings meanining both parents were also het for amel.
Yes, I agree. I didn't realize both parents were Anery. As for having a snow in the clutch both parents are definitely het for Amel in order to get the snow. Why are you questioning which Anery they are? Is there a specific reason or just curiosity? Can you post a good eye pic of both. I should be able to tell if it's one or the other based on the color of the iris. Now if they're both, that can be a bit more tricky but can still probably tell.
 
Old 03-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #18
Raven
Know what genes they are expressing or carrying will help me ID the babies properly and plan any potential future pairings. I will get better eye pictures of the parents screen I'm home. I'm still waiting on my male to shed.
 
Old 03-08-2019, 03:51 PM   #19
Shiari
They are definitely not charcoals, which is anery b. Nor do they look like carbons. The parents are anery A.
 
Old 03-08-2019, 03:55 PM   #20
Raven
Thanks Shiari. How can you tell the difference? I was always under the impression that the 2 adults were Anery (a), but if the hatchlings are a ghost morph like some are suggesting then the parents are het for anery b. If there is no charcoal gene, then what morph are the peach/tan babies?
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 AM.





Fauna Top Sites
 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.02619910 seconds with 10 queries
Copyright Rich Zuchowski/SerpenCo