CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

breeding behavior in females

Old 05-13-2015, 06:29 PM   #1
yojoe05
breeding behavior in females

i know for a fact male snakes will jerk their muscles when they are interested in mating does this happen in females too though? Rapunzel randomly started jerking on my arm and didn't want to get off me when I was putting her up yesterday after feeding and she seemed much less interested in her meal than moving around the feeding tank after her prospective mate had been in the tank ahead of her. Is she showing signs that she wants to mate now ?

Old 05-14-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
IrishInIsengard
This same thing happens to me. The snake will wrap itself around my arm like one of those Cleopatra arm bands. Then it will "twitch." I assumed it was related to mating season excitement, but I'm not at all sure about that.

I, too, am interested in others' wisdom here.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
Jereme
I have not had a female do the jerk on my arm, but I had a few do it when they are with a male, but on when she does not like him touching her. Maybe you have to males, but hope that's not the case.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
jcdrgnfly
I have several females who do this - some only when with a male, a couple when they are feeding, and one does it whenever she is out of her viv. Guess some are just more... er... "lively" about it than others

Old 05-15-2015, 07:18 PM   #5
yojoe05
Thank goodness I was going to be distraught if she turned out to be a male. I'm holding off on breeding another season just so we can get settled into our larger home but it would of wrecked my shot at pewter tesseras which I was looking forward to.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google