CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Corn snake naturalistic vivarium?

Old 12-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
andrewx525
Corn snake naturalistic vivarium?

Hi everyone,

I am considering giving my extreme okeetee a naturalistic vivarium because he's a jerk despite my best efforts to tame him. I was curious if anyone has successfully been able to recreate a corn's natural environment, I've seen such enclosures at zoos but never in private collections. He's in an 18wx24lx18h exo-terra for reference. Thank you!

Andy

Old 12-23-2017, 11:32 PM   #2
Twolunger
I guess the question is, what is the corn's natural environment? Just in my last 8 years of field observations here in southwest Florida I have seen corns in completely different locations with different environments. I have seen brightly colored corns in an area with open spaces dotted with native palms, and little or no water. I have seen more muted specimens in an area near me with palms, pines, vines, and oaks with sporadic seasonal water. You can hardly walk through these areas. I have seen very darkly colored specimens in areas dominated by Brazilian Pepper trees, where the sun can barely shine to the ground. I have also seen them in a marshy area where I wouldn't expect them. Recreating any of these areas in a small enclosure would be most difficult. Having said that, if you have something in mind, go for it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google