CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

!!!!!!!!! I NEED HELP !!!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 02:06 PM   #11
bitsy
Quote:
Ok i will try him on medium mice to start of with how many should i feed him ????????
I'd start him on small mice. You need something quite near the size he's used to just to start with - that way you're less likely to get a refusal.

Just offer one. Once you're confident that he's reliably eating one small mouse a week, you can offer one medium mouse. When he's established on them, then go to one large mouse every week to ten days.

It might take his digestive system a few weeks to "gear up" to dealing with mice, as fuzzies don't have as much fur. Patience will work wonders at this stage.

As he's a new arrival, remember to leave him completely alone for the first week while he gets used to the new smells and sounds around him. Again, this will make him more relaxed and less likely to refuse food. As long as he's healthy, departing from his established feeding routine while he settles in, will do no harm.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #12
Nanci
Try asking for a hopper or weaned mouse.

I have a Cali King who has suddenly decided she's anti-fur. Instead of three fuzzies, I just tried her on two slightly larger rat pups, and she went for that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google