• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hiding in the cold?

Prophecy_grrl25

Dexter's Mom
It's been four days since I fed Dexter. He ate two pinkies and I have been leaving him alone. His warm end is around 80 and the cool 70. He's been hanging out in the middle and I just got him out after leaving him for four days and his body is pretty cold. If he was too cold he would burrow closer to the heat right? Is he just wanting to be cold? Just making sure he's alright. He has been hiding out the whole time.

Corns should usually feel cold/cool when you touch them. Their ideal maximim temperature is lower than human body temp, so it's normal.

Mine hang out at the cool side most of the time. Your will find his way to the warm side as he needs to (as long as you have a hide over there).

I think my corns probobly only spend like 2 days a month on the hot side... Dont worry about it.

Mine stays right on the hot spot for atleast a full day after eating, then moves towards the cool side depending on the weather. I use a cardboard tube to join the two hides and she is usualy inside there.

Back