• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

constantly trying to escape

MissStoli1230

Hector, whom I bought as a hatchling a few months ago, constantly tries to escape from his tank by climbing up into the trees I have in there and trying to push the top off. I have the top totally secure so there is no chance that he will be able to get out, however, he will try for quite a while and sometimes more than once a day. I usually take the top off and instad of trying to make a run for it he comes straight to my hands, I don't even have to try to pick him up, get him out or anything, but I think this is because since I noticed this behavior I wait until he starts to push the top to hold him, so I never have to get him out of a hide or anything. Does anyone else have a snake that does this?

Personally, I don't think snakes are really what you would call thinking animals. I don't think they try to reason things out. Your snake is exploring and may not remember that he checked out that spot earlier this morning. I don't think he is eager to jump into your loving hands as much as we all would like to think so. I think he has found a new place to go and your hands happen to be there.

Just my opinion. I don't think you will ever teach your snake to roll over or shake hands. The latter for sure.

Yeah snakes are primitive animals, to put it nicely :) Too warm temps can cause a snake to do that sort of thing excessively. If the temps are fine and your snake isn't rubbing his nose raw then consider yourself lucky you don't have one of those snakes you never see unless you hunt them down and grab 'em :) Even though they are such, uh... 'simple' creatures each one has its own personality.

They are pure esape artists.. My little one found a way out months ago and almost every night still goes back to the same spot. I know this because every morning the wood chips have been pushed away in that spot.

Back