CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

"Terrible Two's"

Old 02-15-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
leia
"Terrible Two's"

When I went to buy my snake at the pet store (8-9 months ago), the girl who sold him to me mentioned that corns get "terrible two's".

I've never heard of this before (or seen my snake being a bad boy), does anyone know what she was talking about?
She said they act like cobras, but never specified what she meant by that.

The only thing that my snake does that is at all cobra-like is when he climbs against the glass and looks like he is dancing with his reflection. I wouldn't concider that a bad thing at all, it's very nice to watch.

I had just remembered that and at the time, and was seeing if there was anything to that.

Old 02-15-2004, 10:54 AM   #2
rachel132002
There's no reason a corn should behave like this unless it's stressed and hasn't been handled regualrly imo!

Rach

Old 02-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #3
leia
Quote:
Originally posted by rachel132002
There's no reason a corn should behave like this unless it's stressed and hasn't been handled regualrly imo!

Rach
The "dancing" against the glass (probably with the reflection), or the "cobra-like" behavior?

Because I definetly handle my snake often enough, and he has no reson to be stressed that I can think of.

Old 02-15-2004, 11:48 AM   #4
WAS1
She could mean that a 2 year old male will come into season and start behaving very strangely always trying to get out to look for a mate. this happened to mine last year and it took him about 2 months to calm down. Its just started again this year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google