CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Corn snakes and eggs

Old 08-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
Talane
Corn snakes and eggs

Is it alright to give an occasional chicken egg to an adult corn (like once a month)? And if so would it be better to let the egg warm up to room temp before giving it to them, or even making it a little warmer than that? Just something that crossed my mind today.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talane View Post
Is it alright to give an occasional chicken egg to an adult corn (like once a month)? And if so would it be better to let the egg warm up to room temp before giving it to them, or even making it a little warmer than that? Just something that crossed my mind today.
HI
There is no benefit to feeding a corn snake chicken eggs.
Also
The corn snake would have to be HUGE and/or the chicken egg very small. An opportunistic corn snake might eat an egg in the wild but its not their common prey item.
There are lots of snakes that have a special anatomy to pop or crush a egg after swallowing it whole, some of which I keep, but corn snakes are not one of them. I don't bother since there is no additional nutritional benefit.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
Talane
Gotcha, thank you very much! Are there any other food items besides feeder mice that can supplement a corn's diet?

Old 08-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
daddio207
Feeder rats of course also you can get day old chicks from the frozen Mice/Rat suppliers like Big Cheese Rodents and Mice Direct.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
egg, food