CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

'Defence stand'

Old 12-07-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
Feebeedawn
'Defence stand'

She does this all the time, only time she doesn't is after a feed or in shed. What is she doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
Nanci
She is just being curious and looking around. Nothing defensive there, at all. If she had aspen, and was poking her head out in that same stance, it's called periscoping!

Old 12-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
Feebeedawn
She does it for agesssss! Kinda creepy how she just stares at me haha! Didn't know what she was doing

Old 12-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #4
Todd120
They win staring contests every time. They tend to freeze when the notice you. She probably holds her pose until you move on.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
Feebeedawn
Haha im like what the.. She's constantly doing it cause her tub is right next to me all the time lol spooky

Old 12-07-2014, 10:03 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
Mine do that sometimes. I've always thought it was them checking to see if the coast is clear before they move around. I think it's cute!

Old 12-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #7
Ravenessa
I think this is super cute.. My bigger ones does this, the younger one are still into hiding behavior!

Old 12-10-2014, 03:57 AM   #8
smigon
Yup, they want to check things out but don't want to be noticed, so they stay very still. You would be shocked how many snakes you have probably walked by in the wild (and possibly venomous ones) that you didn't even know were there because they sit so still.

And Todd is right, I'll bet my paycheck that you blink first!

Old 12-10-2014, 04:24 AM   #9
dannybee
Mine does that too, I'm still new to snakes and he has a hide with a small hole in the top where he just sticks his head out and stares, as said was a bit freaky at first lol

Old 12-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #10
Myca
She looks great. She does not look defensive. Next time I get my Amber out, I will post a photo of defensive...and aggressive. He soars through the air like an arrow. He has a lovely triangle head and everything. I can't wait until he is four feet and doing that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google