CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Worried

Old 04-13-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
bruce mccollum
Worried

I got a new adult corn snake yesterday and I'm worried because she keeps rubbing her nose on the ground or wherever she is. Is this normal or should I be worried. Thank you
There is also something on her nose it looks a bit like dirt so that might be why but that worries me too let me know thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #2
DollysMom
Do you know the last time your snake shed? Do you have any information from the person who you got her from? It's really hard to tell anything from the picture except that she is a beautiful snake.

I wouldn't worry yet. I would just watch and wait for a few days. If anything gives you real cause for concern you could always get in touch with a snake vet in your area, too.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:48 AM   #3
bruce mccollum
Thank you so much I think she's beautiful too! I will contact the lady who sold her to me! Hopefully all is well thanks again!

Old 04-14-2015, 02:55 AM   #4
bruce mccollum
There is one thing that could possibly be the reason for this yesterday I bought her at repticon and she was in a plastic bin with air holes Si I could take her home and she pooped in it and it kind of got everywhere so I tried to clean it out as much as I could but I was in the car so it was a bit hard we did stop to dumb out the actual poop but it was still pretty dirty if that makes sense and she kept rubbing her nose all over the box all the way home which was about an hour drive could that be why and should I be worried that the bacteria from the poop could cause an infection?

Old 04-14-2015, 10:10 AM   #5
DollysMom
Oh, that was unfortunate poop timing! Don't worry. Just keep an eye on her.

Have you thought of giving her a container of damp paper towels she can slither through if she wants to? Put it in her viv and let her decide. Also if she takes a bath in her water dish, clean and change it more often if you think she's gotten traces of poop in it. If she uses the towels, just change them for clean to get rid of any residual poop.

Try not to disturb her a lot. She still needs time without handling to feel at home.

Again I wouldn't worry, but I would observe. If she starts to show anything then address it right away.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #6
bruce mccollum
I will definitely try the paper towel idea thank you! I will keep an eye on her for sure and I just really hope she's healthy! Thanks again!

Old 04-15-2015, 01:32 AM   #7
bruce mccollum
Also I had another question so I have had a snake for about eight months now and I got him when he was two months old he is a corn snake and I don't know the gender I just called him he I don't know why haha but I got my new adult corn snake Sunday and she is in a separate tank and everything but today I fed my eight month old snake and when I was going to pick him up out of the box that I fed him in he struck at me and hissed which has never happened before he is the sweetest snake ever I've never had an issue with him until now and he had just shed today as well so I don't see what the problem is other than the fact that maybe the smell of the other snake could have scared him or maybe he feels threatened or something The obvious answer was that I could have scared him but this has never happened before and I didn't do anything differently and he continued to act afraid of me even when I gently picked him up and put him back in his tank he kept just staring at me for a very long time and he just seemed threatened I don't know please let me know what you think thank you

Old 04-15-2015, 02:43 AM   #8
DollysMom
I just don't have an answer to that. I'm still pretty new and only have one snake. Maybe someone else has an idea. You might start a new thread with a descriptive subject and get more responses. Best wishes.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:25 AM   #9
Dahliasmom2012
Maybe it is a spring thing? Mojo seemed pretty crabby the other day too. She didn't strike but she was posturing in a way that let me know she had a definite limit on what she was going to put up with. Lol

Old 04-20-2015, 01:58 AM   #10
bruce mccollum
Ok thank you so much!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google