CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

I thought they just slept after eating

Old 04-14-2015, 06:14 PM   #11
Zeina
Orion does the same thing- As soon as I plop him back into his viv after eating, he like, gets a second wind and goes flying around.. He climbs everywhere, pokes his head into everything, goes in and out of his vines... After he eats seems to be his favorite time to go crazy in there lol so I wouldn't even worry about it :P

Old 04-14-2015, 06:15 PM   #12
Zeina
And my other Corn, after he eats, goes straight into his warm hide for 2-3 days and doesn't come out once lol So I have one that is super active for hours after he eats, and one that embraces his food coma for days... They're so completely opposite it just blows me away lol

Old 04-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #13
DollysMom
Thanks Zeina. Your snakes sound awesome! Yes, my concerns have definitely been laid to rest. They will do what they do and go where they go. As long as I don't disturb him it will be fine.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #14
Zombiegirl
My lavender usually camps out after eating and is out the next day cruising around, he does what he wants lol. Mine usually camp out in their warm hides for about 24 hours or so and then they move.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:50 PM   #15
11malibu
Just as I suspected she is hanging out in her tree when I got home from work. Dang autocorrect messed her name up, it Caina not Carina

Old 04-14-2015, 11:50 PM   #16
DollysMom
Thanks Zombiegirl. Your lavender sounds like fun. Mine went and checked into his warm hide for a little bit and now it's party time in the vine again.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:54 PM   #17
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11malibu View Post
Just as I suspected she is hanging out in her tree when I got home from work. Dang autocorrect messed her name up, it Caina not Carina
Autocorrect has gotten me more than once, here!

I was going to say Caina is a pretty name and it got changed to China, but I caught it, lol.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #18
IrishInIsengard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
BTW, I don't know exactly when because I was gone, but I just found a very healthy looking poop. So the digestion is coming right along. He usually poops 2.5 days after eating. Poop in less than two days was a little snakey surprise.
Have you been pooped on yet? I got the pleasure a few weeks ago. It was probably the most disgusting consistency I can imagine.
Now, I don't take him out unless I find the poop first.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #19
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishInIsengard View Post
Have you been pooped on yet? I got the pleasure a few weeks ago. It was probably the most disgusting consistency I can imagine.
Now, I don't take him out unless I find the poop first.
Haven't yet had the um, pleasure. I too wait post poop to handle. I'm sure my day will come, lol.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:42 PM   #20
IrishInIsengard
Yeah. I learned my lesson. I handled him right at the 48 hour mark, so I was playing with "fire." Now, I wait for poops. That's an odd sentence to type...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google