CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Snake determined to poop on me

Old 04-17-2015, 10:05 AM   #1
IrishInIsengard
Snake determined to poop on me

My little amel pooped on me (again!) last night. Since feeding on Sunday, I've found two little poos, and yesterday was the first time I'd handled him since he ate. What's up with this guy?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:55 AM   #2
DollysMom
Maybe you just have laxative powers!

Old 04-17-2015, 01:03 PM   #3
nancyg
I have found that mild exercise can encourage a poop, so handling after three or more days left alone to digest means you are right in the 'golden" (ahem) zone for an incident..

Sometimes you will get a little warning if you are very aware of your snakes 'body language'. Moe has managed to get me a few times.. but I've been 'lucky' so far with the others.. Moe also seems to REALLY hate being in the car (vet trips-etc) I can pretty much guarantee she will poop in her bag no matter when she last ate and pooped. Maybe it's the vibrations?

Old 04-17-2015, 01:28 PM   #4
IrishInIsengard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyg View Post
I have found that mild exercise can encourage a poop, so handling after three or more days left alone to digest means you are right in the 'golden" (ahem) zone for an incident..
That's a good point. Maybe doing really short handlings at day 2 & 3 would encourage poo-ing in the actual cage and not on my bed

Old 04-17-2015, 04:13 PM   #5
mishima25
Mine seems to like so, as well. Fortunately, I can read his body language and usually put him over a bin or in the container I use when I clean his viv to poo there. I've noticed if I take him out for 20 o 30 minutes, a poop on me is ensured.
He stops and keeps very still for a while, then you can see his abdomen contracting. Poo ensured, so you have to be veeery quick. First few times he caught me, now I can avoid it.
Try to learn his body language, as well, or take him out for a short while, put him back inside, and take him back out some time later if you want.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #6
materwitch
Yeah, Paprikás has gotten my son and granddaughter...but I now have noticed that he raises his tail up at a slight angle and holds really still just before he "goes"...so I try to get some paper under his butt as quickly as possible. But like the old saying goes....poop happens.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:42 PM   #7
blujp
Kieren was using my glasses as a jungle gym, climbed up into my hair...and pooped down the side of my face. The one and only time he's gotten me but he's no longer allowed to play in my hair.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:13 AM   #8
IrishInIsengard
Quote:
Originally Posted by blujp View Post
Kieren was using my glasses as a jungle gym, climbed up into my hair...and pooped down the side of my face. The one and only time he's gotten me but he's no longer allowed to play in my hair.
Okay, I think you win. or lose

Old 04-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #9
smigon
Yes, they were put on this earth to take a dump on us as soon as we are cozy. Extra points for them if it is on clean sheets or clean clothes. Why don't they bother when I am wearing my old clothes?

Old 04-23-2015, 11:20 PM   #10
ArvadaLanee
Do corns ever poo as a defense? I know certain snakes do that. When we lived in Texas, my son caught this snake outside (I forget which type it was) and it pooped ALL over him. He still wanted to show me, so he burst into the house, and it stunk bad. I ended up rinsing the snake off in one sink while my son washed up in the other, and then we released the poor guy.
So far we've been lucky with Nightmare. I did get pooped on by a python once, and I don't look forward to a repeat of that experience. Lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google