CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Light obsessed...

Old 04-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
dave.walker.167
Light obsessed...

So my 1 year old corn has arrived in her new 3ft viv and has become obsessed with the light I've installed. I've had to remove the plant hanging at the back as she will climb it and get to.the light (in a guard). Now she will try and reach it from the floor, she reachs up, goes off balance and falls over... But worry as she gets bigger she'll reach it! Is this curiosity or potentially cold? Help!!

Old 04-20-2015, 09:13 PM   #2
DollysMom
I just answered your other post about lighting the viv. Is the light the only heat source? I hope you have an under tank heater.

Please share more about your set up and your snake. For most corn snakes a comfortable hide trumps heat.

If the light is hot it can burn her. If it were me, I'd turn the light off and just keep the room temp at a minimum of 72 F until I got things sorted out.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:15 PM   #3
DollysMom
P.S. Don't feed her if you have no under tank heat. She'll be fine for a few days while you sort it out.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:37 AM   #4
dave.walker.167
Hi, nah I have a heat mat on a thermostat regulating the hot end to around 29 degrees. Have 3 hides, one hot one cold and one moist.. Altho she spends more time up the plant hanging down the back of the viv...

Old 04-21-2015, 09:08 AM   #5
DollysMom
Glad you have all the heating, hides, etc. My snake likes to sleep in his vine, too. The only other thing I can think of is that your snake sees the area where the light is as an escape route. I'd still turn that light off. Best wishes with your snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google