CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Is it ok to house 2 corns together?
Only if they arent both males 11 5.88%
Yes! never had a problem 41 21.93%
No! I've had problems 86 45.99%
Depends on the "personality" of the snakes 49 26.20%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Is it ok to house two snakes together?

Old 08-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #41
Jimmy Johnson
I give up

you give them more credit then you should.
you are comparing them to humans, dogs and cats.
It just doesn't work.
believe what you want. I'm tired of arguing about it.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #42
Annihilation-
i dont see why they shouldnt be compared to cats and dogs...what is so different about their behavior? i can understand dogs in one way, but logicly they are about the same. you can train a dog, but only because a dog has a willingness to be trained. a cat cant be trained, atleate not nearly as well as any dog. a cat lays around and rests most of the day until it wants to adventure around and eat...a snake does the same. a cat will go where it wants to, so will a snake. a cat may come to you when you call its name with the offer of food and/or petting, a snake cannot hear...atleaste not well...therefore it cannot hear your calls for it to come to you...and as far as being compared to humans...humans are animals, and people forget that...we have the same basic inteligence as any animal and the same reations to similar situations. put a human in the wild, lost, with no chance of survival and they will still try...basic instint takes over and they try to survive where logic has told them that they are going to die. an animal will do the same thing. stop thinking we are some super beingings...we are not...we are but animals

Old 08-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #43
Cat_Eyed_Lady
your right.... we are animals... meat eating animals and you can bet that if 2 ppl are stuck somewhere and there is nothing else to eat, that atleast one of them is going to disapear. Yes, its abit extreme but from the snakes point of view? this is what will happen... not always but it does happen.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:57 PM   #44
Jimmy Johnson
I rest my case!

How can I argue with this brilliance

Quote:
we have the same basic inteligence as any animal and the same reations to similar situations.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #45
tom e
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeC
how can you know for sure? do your snakes talk to you? I think just because for the most part they're solitary creatures, doesnt mean that they dont get lonely. We as humans will never know. I like to think that they do get lonely, so I house my 2 together, and If they start not getting along ill seperate them.
He doesn't have to know for sure. You're the one claiming something we can't know for sure, I'd like to hear you back up your claim. His position (if I may be so bold..) is that if we can't know, it's a risk not worth taking- And I think he and many others of us would add to that position with several other dangers that we can and DO know of.

I don't understand why this is so hard to grasp for people- Is it a general cheapness in regards to buying another tank? Or are some of us really trying this hard to push these emotional attachments onto their snakes?

Old 08-06-2007, 11:07 PM   #46
Annihilation-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Johnson
How can I argue with this brilliance

oh no! sorry for mistakes made by somone who wakes up at 4 am and goes to work, and dosent get home until around 4:30 pm...then is further busy until around 12...so forgive me for being a tad tired and could care less about a few minor mistakes here and there...if you have to try and pull backing from something as simple as mistakes in gramer then i think you need to just give up, either argue what is said, or give up, dont nit pick...

Old 08-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #47
Annihilation-
may i also add that it should be kept in mind that i am not either for or against the cohab topic, my argument is simply that some people here do not give enough credit to animals, mainly snakes.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:42 AM   #48
Jimmy Johnson
it's not the grammer
it's the idea that all animals are equal.
simply wrong.
snakes DO NOT have the brain capacity of cats and dogs.
cats and dogs DO NOT have the brain capacity of humans.

these are simple facts

Old 08-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #49
dr73
If you let your kid outside he or she will come back to the house . The same can be said about cats and dogs. Now I ask this, if snakes are equal to humans ,cats and dogs how come if they get out of there cage they never come back? If your snakes are so smart then take the lid off your cage and see if they stick around. By your reasoning to could just sit down to watch some T.V. and your snake would just come out of its cage and want to be held then when it's done it would go back to the cage. Right?

Old 08-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #50
Annihilation-
thats just a simple differance in their mind set. cats and dogs see their owners as the providers...snakes on the other hand, like many reptiles, are very independant, therefor they do not feel the urge to return to their to be provided for. that dosent show a lacking on the snakes part, just a more solid, deeply driven independance

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google