CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Do CS constrict prekilled mice?

Old 12-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #11
MegF.
Mine constrict as if it's going to run away any minute. Even the hatchlings started constricting the f/t pinkies after the first round of feeding. As long as you pre-kill, it shouldn't matter if it does or not though.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:40 AM   #12
lyndy299

I guess there's the proof that they will contrict f/t.

Why don't you buy a few from the shop and get them put in a bag and wrapped in newspaper? It takes me an hour, sometimes longer to get home from my nearest supplier and I manage fine doing that....saying that, I'm not sure where you live so temperature might be an issue.

If you have to buy from the shop across the road make sure it's pre-killed, there should be no problem with that at all.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:05 PM   #13
aztek
I'm going to buy a 50 next week at the reptile expo

Old 01-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #14
omni
After I heat up f/t, the first to eat get the warmest meals. I see them hold and halfways coil around it sometimes, not always.

I wonder if they are soaking up body heat more than trying to squeeze the life out of the prey.
Once, I fed live fuzzies to two of my snakes, and boy did they go all out striking and wrapping 'em up. Months later, those two still strike at f/t pretty hard.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #15
aztek
Thank you man.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #16
clavarnway
I also do the zombie death dance. He follows it around, and I twitch it occasionaly to look like an injured mouse - then he will suddenly go for it and wrap his body around it multiple times, VERY fast! When he has it, I like to twitch it a little bit, to act like it's trying to struggle - he just constricts more! I know I don't have to do this, but I feel it really gives him that true "I'ma kill you sucker!" experience.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #17
Weebonilass
Tried the zombie dance with Kieran Sunday afternoon, but it was a no-go. He was nose to nose with it, but wouldn't touch it until I laid it down before himself... then he went to clugging the thing down

Old 01-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #18
aztek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebonilass View Post
Tried the zombie dance with Kieran Sunday afternoon, but it was a no-go. He was nose to nose with it, but wouldn't touch it until I laid it down before himself... then he went to clugging the thing down
I think mine is going to be like that.
It's still on pinkys though, so who knows.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #19
RavenSpirit360
A few of my corns constrict FT and will also eat live if offered. If you do feed live though make sure you keep an eye on them with older mice as they can harm your snake..

Old 01-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #20
djfreebase
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSpirit360 View Post
A few of my corns constrict FT and will also eat live if offered. If you do feed live though make sure you keep an eye on them with older mice as they can harm your snake..
Personally id stick to F/T why risk an injury to your snake?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google