CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Do CS constrict prekilled mice?

Old 01-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #21
Snake Dave
I agree with Wayne. I'd only feed live if all other options were exhausted and there was no other way, apart from force-feeding, that I could get them to eat.

Oh and here's some recent pictures of Salazar constricting a hopper:

Old 01-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #22
jessicalb
Our baby didn't constrict his first pinkie he ate with us, but the second one he went to town. He seemed totally disinterested in the pinkie in his feeding tub so I picked it up with the tongs and danced it around. He struck so fast, and then constricted for a while, then figured out he needed to move off the arm and onto the head to eat the little guy.

I find the whole thing fascinating. Now I just wonder when he will finally poo...

Old 01-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #23
Weebonilass
Silly kids, don't waste your energy. It's dead already, so just dig in! Yum!

Old 01-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #24
Snake Dave
LOL @ Weebonilass

Old 01-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #25
wade
I always do the zombie dance and then play tug-o-war with them. This picture isn't very good but it is a stripped ghost with a f/t hopper hidden in the middle. I'm holding the tail of the mouse.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #26
clavarnway
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
I always do the zombie dance and then play tug-o-war with them. This picture isn't very good but it is a stripped ghost with a f/t hopper hidden in the middle. I'm holding the tail of the mouse.
Aww, it's a deathball.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #27
strawberry_bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
I also do the zombie death dance. He follows it around, and I twitch it occasionaly to look like an injured mouse - then he will suddenly go for it and wrap his body around it multiple times, VERY fast! When he has it, I like to twitch it a little bit, to act like it's trying to struggle - he just constricts more! I know I don't have to do this, but I feel it really gives him that true "I'ma kill you sucker!" experience.
that is super cute, i love when they do that our oldest looks all proud of himself after hes pinned it down

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google