CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

How many?

Old 04-14-2015, 07:08 PM   #1
Cane
How many?

My Shesha is swallowing Petco pinks like they're nothing so it's about time to switch over to fuzzies. I'd like to order online to save a little money. How many could I expect to go through before I'll need to move up in size again?

Thanks!

Old 04-14-2015, 08:17 PM   #2
HVani
In my experience, they don't stay on fuzzies long. Min tend to make it through 5-10 before they are ready for the next size. They hit a decent sized growth spurt once they start on fuzzies.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:37 PM   #3
MysticExotics
One of mine went through about a dozen before moving up.
It doesn't hurt to have them on the smaller prey for a little longer, but you could risk a regurge if you move them up too soon.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:16 PM   #4
Cane
I guess I need to wait til he's on full size mice then before it makes any sense to buy in bulk. Any mouse vendors out there that will mix?

Old 04-15-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
Popcorn715
We actually kind of skipped fuzzies. The bag of large pinks I ordered had several with a bit if fur that were 4+g so I double fed those and then "borrowed" a real fuzzy from a friend who had them for her snake. When he ate that super easily, I ordered hoppers and just carefully sorted them, starting with the smallest ones and he did fine. I split that bag of hoppers with my friend (so I got 25) and he really probably could have moved up sooner, but as was said before, there's not much harm in feeding small for longer. I backed up to 5-6 day feeding when he started coming back out to hunt the next day.

Anyway having a snake friend to share with really helps with bulk ordering as they grow!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Old 04-20-2015, 05:57 PM   #6
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane View Post
I guess I need to wait til he's on full size mice then before it makes any sense to buy in bulk. Any mouse vendors out there that will mix?
Layne Labs sells them in small quantities so you don't end up with 100 pinkies! I wish I still lived in StL and could go in on an order with you!

Old 05-12-2015, 09:36 PM   #7
Cane
Thanks Smigon. I just ordered 10 small fuzzies, 10 large fuzzies, and 25 hoppers from Layne Labs. It worked out to a buck and a half apiece with the shipping. Not really much of a savings over Petco but the sizing and quality seem much better.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google