• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Not a pure corn, but what is it?

Gintha

*stretches* I'm out!
I'll try to get a pic of the "albino corn" the pet store has, but I'm not sure the manager will let me. It LOOKS like a nice adult snow, a bit over weight and scarred, but otherwise healthy. Here the thing... its head is totally not corn shaped. Its head looks like a python's, with the prominent "bulges" at the jaws. Is it possible to breed a corn to a type of python? He also has very large teeth for a corn, and has actually ripped chunks out of people looking to buy him. They asked my opinion as the vets and humane society have me listed as the snake person for my province... riiighhtttt... like ~I~ know anything ~,~ (I just send folks here =P) to my knowledge corn / python crosses don't happen, but honestly I have no other idea what has a head she like that. Is there a type of python that resembles a snow corn? *baffled*

Thats what I was thinking, but she knows she can't sell a hybrid as a pure corn for $300. It looks exactely like a snow corn, but it has a python shaped head... its annoying the heck out of me. *pulls out hair* LOL

Python/corn is impossible. They are not in the same genus, let alone the same species. If it had a python looking head, it could very well be an African House Snake. As far as I know, I haven't heard of any snow-like morphs out yet. If there are, I'm sure they wouldn't show up in a pet store.

I wouldn't rule it out as a corn. If the body build, scale structure, and coloration look like it is a corn or colubrid of some sort, then it probably is. Of course, I second that pictures would help.

Last edited:
Found this pic of an albino black ratsnake on the net...tis' similar...

Attachments

• abr.jpg
    abr.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 270
Jynx said:
Python/corn is impossible. They are not in the same genus, let alone the same species. If it had a python looking head, it could very well be an African House Snake. As far as I know, I haven't heard of any snow-like morphs out yet. If there are, I'm sure they wouldn't show up in a pet store.

I wouldn't rule it out as a corn. If the body build, scale structure, and coloration look like it is a corn or colubrid of some sort, then it probably is. Of course, I second that pictures would help.
The only morph of African House Snakes is Albino, which is very orangey, but they do have a python head on a colubrid body.
Maybe a Snow Bull Snake or Gopher Snake. They have funky shaped heads.

That pic looks a LOT like him, his head is maybe a bit wider just before the neck, but thats likely what he is. *sigh* wish their "breeders" had a clue what they are talking about.

*sigh* wish their "breeders" had a clue what they are talking about."

Oh don't we know that ! :rolleyes: :crazy02:

Regards.. T and J

Gintha said:
*sigh* wish their "breeders" had a clue what they are talking about.

I find that it's more often the breeder tells the petstore what it is, yet the petstore forgets, or just plain screws up, and they end up selling one snake as something else entirely different.

Rick

yep...

I second about the pet store not keeping stuff straight! LOL! I've been there, done that! Used to work at one that had that happen with their stuff. They just buy stuff and put it up for sale. And forget exactly how stuff got there to begin with! But why would they care? For them it's all about money, NOT about the animals they have for sale!

I too feel that petstores need to get their stuff straight. It kind of bugs me sometimes when i don't know the hets. Knowing that could save me lots of time in my breeding projects. On the other hand the pet store confussion can play to our advantage sometimes. I have bought some really nice looking "normals" for really cheap because they didn't know what they were doing! :crazy02:

petstore frustration

I think the thing that bothers me the most are the employees who "think" they know or don't want to appear as if they don't. I would much prefer that they simply say so. In all of the petstores I've visited I only found one guy who actually knew what he was selling.

Hets??? The only thing I've been able to get out of store employees is that it's a corn. LoL.... even then, you just never know. That is why I prefer to purchase online. You pay a little more with shipping, but it's worth it.

just my .02 :D

-Tonya

Back