• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Food Lump 4+ days?

Naagas

Deserae :)
Hi all. I took out my '09 snow, Tausara, last night for a little photo session. At first I was surprised at how chunky he was, then I realized that he still had quite a food lump! I feed on Saturday night, so it has been 4 days since he ate. I have never noticed this in another snake. I have some photos, but I wasn't taking them to show the lump. I lightly palpitated the lump, and it felt kinda like I imagine a half-digested mouse to feel. Tausara was bright and active and very calm through the whole handling. Should I take him to the vet? Could this be an impaction? Or am I over-worrying about something that happens? Temps are normal (85*/60*). None of the other corns are having this problem. He ate his normal food EXCEPT that he for the FIRST TIME didn't attack the mouse and promptly eat it. I figured he was being a fussy male in the spring, so I covered his feeding container and left him for a while. He ate the mouse within an hour. So, are the lack of appetite and the food lump connected? Anyone have experience with this? Here is a pic:
fa7dc8fd-1.jpg
The orange arrows show the end of the lump where it tucks back in.

That's a little low for a food bump. How sure are you that it's a male? If it were a female I would be leaning more towards a egg developing...

I probed him. I'm not an expert at probing, but I just re-probed him to make sure. Either he is a he or he is abnormally (very) deep for a female. Maybe he is just chunky and I am being overly paranoid, but it does look and feel very much like a lump. You are right, it is low for a food lump. Maybe a huge poo lump making its way down?

He could be blue. If he is he has cleared up... but his skin has that old look to it. I bet that is it.

Back