• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hey Tricksterpup...here's an angry pit! LOL

The Snake Guru

Professional "Hooker"
One of the Bullsnakes....having a bad day I guess....turn up the volume it's GREAT! LOL

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i143.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid143.photobucket.com/albums/r157/thesnakeguru/Vids/AngryPit.flv">

~B~

I did notice that part, the not strikeing lol But, wow!! a really great long show. What were you wearing that scared her so badly?? You being the boogeyman or something?? LOL :D

I did notice that part, the not strikeing lol But, wow!! a really great long show. What were you wearing that scared her so badly?? You being the boogeyman or something?? LOL :D

Did you ever see that episode of Scrubs where Janitor dresses up in a sheet and skates around the pediatric ward to make the kids be good??

What a cool snake! I love it when they do that!

Holy Cow! You can tell that gal's not a smoker...that's some mad lung capacity! I've never seen a snake's whole body inflate and deflate with respirations like that. Very cool.

Holy Cow! You can tell that gal's not a smoker...that's some mad lung capacity! I've never seen a snake's whole body inflate and deflate with respirations like that. Very cool.

Other then thinking it sounded like a rattle snake, that was my first thought.
"I've NEVER seen a snake fill it's whole body with air like that before."

Thanks so much for showing that to us. He's AWESOME!

Glad everyone enjoyed the show!

It's a very neat defensive adaptation all "Pits" Pines, Bulls, Gophers have that modified glottis(sp) enabling them to make quite a racket....I wish the mic. on the camera was better when you are standing right in front of them it's absolutely deafening. Most grow out of it....unless they are spooked like what happened here.

~B~

And THAT is why I LOVE the Pituophis family. What an amazing snake! My little female gopher acts the same way...but she strikes...alot..with precision...:D.

I have never encountered a snake with a more intimidating hiss than a big, angry Pituophis.

Thanks for sahring, Guru!

Thats why I like pits so much..... I've put up a couple of vids of our Pit 'Sid' shouting.....LOL
Sid our pit hasn't heard that he's supposed to grow out of it though..... I hope he doesn't, I like that bit of them.....

yeah, I never tire of them going off like that. Sadly none of my feisty ones ever stay that way. But they are so much fun as babies!

Attachments

• 2-13-08FNPine#4x8.jpg
    2-13-08FNPine#4x8.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 49
Thanks much...they are just too fun aren't they!?

And great shot "Russell" that's what I call "Staring down the barrel" LOL

~B~

LOL I have to see this when I get home. But I do love my Pits and look forward in seeing this video.

I gotta have you come by one weekend. :)

Back