CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Scaleless Corns Beauty?

Old 05-04-2019, 08:06 AM   #1
Frank Pinello
Scaleless Corns Beauty?

Beauty is in the Eye of the beholder. Everyone has their own opinion. But the more I look at "scaleless" corns the more I prefer scaled corns. They also come from Emory bloodline (strike two!). Although very interesting they are really something I don't want in my collection.
Anyone with me?

Old 05-04-2019, 11:23 AM   #2
Rich Z
I can't really say I was ever enthusiastic about that line. Some are rather pretty, but darn they feel just weird when you hold them.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:49 PM   #3
Twolunger
I think there are enough beautiful morphs in corn snakes without crossing them, but I can't blame anyone for tapping in on the $$$ that the crosses bring. It's like a friend of mine who just paid $1500 for a crossbred puppy. In my day you called that an accidental breeding due to a male dog getting access to a bitch in heat. Now they call them designer dogs. Life is too short, so if someone wants "whatever" I say go for it, but I personally don't want any.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:11 AM   #4
67temp
I've of seen a few that were real stunners but the majority of them are just boring. I really prefer a shiney iridecent snake. It's like having a car with a flat black rattle can paint job vs a car with a nice candy color and so shiney it looks wet.

Old 05-05-2019, 11:13 AM   #5
Rich Z
[OFF TOPIC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
I've of seen a few that were real stunners but the majority of them are just boring. I really prefer a shiney iridecent snake. It's like having a car with a flat black rattle can paint job vs a car with a nice candy color and so shiney it looks wet.
Is that a GTO in your avatar? I had a '66 in my younger days. Red with convertible top until I had it painted blue metal flake.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:19 PM   #6
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Is that a GTO in your avatar? I had a '66 in my younger days. Red with convertible top until I had it painted blue metal flake.
67 tempest (base model of a gto) with a 65 GTO hood. Mine was a post car instead of hardtop. I loved that car but it just didn't get driven much

Old 05-05-2019, 08:19 PM   #7
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
67 tempest (base model of a gto) with a 65 GTO hood. Mine was a post car instead of hardtop. I loved that car but it just didn't get driven much
Yeah, I noticed the hood.

I did some mods on my car, then drove it till after a bunch of other problems preceding it, a rod bearing decided it was done playing. Sold it for less than I paid for that Muncie M22 "Rock Crusher" transmission.

Old 05-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #8
Dennis Gulla
I don’t particularly care for them either. I just don’t like crosses.