CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

My snake has stopped eating

Old 02-27-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
Tigcollins
My snake has stopped eating

Hey everyone.

I have had my cornsnake for a few years now and when I got her when she was about 7 years she didn't eat for a few month but now she has stopped again after eating well every week.

Any thoughts on what to do or what may be wrong would be appreciated...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Old 02-27-2017, 05:10 PM   #2
Scrappyeddie77
It is almost breeding season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #3
Tigcollins
Not had this issue before apart from when I got her a few years back due to stress

Old 02-27-2017, 05:25 PM   #4
blacktip
How long has it been since she ate?

Old 02-27-2017, 05:29 PM   #5
Tigcollins
Only a few weeks but it aint normal for her I'm not panicking just wondering what people think as she's not even striking at the food like normal

Old 02-27-2017, 05:56 PM   #6
Karl_Mcknight
a corn snake can live a long time without food. I've heard stories about snakes not eating for 5 months and then coming out of it.

Actually, if your snake is a grown adult, you don't need to feed her weekly anyway. Most of us feed our adults on a 14 to 21 day schedule. So the fact that she has not eaten in a few weeks is really nothing, "In Snake Time."

My snake went off food for 4 weeks last year, and then he shed and went back to eating.

This year (a few weeks ago) he stopped eating again. Another 4 weeks. But this time he was trying to mate with my arm. It is breeding season for corn snakes and many of them stop eating as they have breeding in mind.

Anyway, he got over that and went back to eating. He's fine.

If you're worried about your snake carry her to a vet. Otherwise, she will eat when she's ready.

Has anything changed recently? Have you moved her to another room or location? Has the temperatures or humidity changed? Have your "Lighting and Darkness" situations changed? Have you got a new pet, a cat or dog recently? Sometimes a change in the surroundings or environment can make a snake go off food too.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:16 AM   #7
Tigcollins
Nothings changed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google