• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello from Edinburgh!!

Hello!!!

I'm Katie, and I have a corn snake named Alfie!
He's my first snake, and I've not had him long, here's hoping we bond haha.

Attachments

• alfie4.jpg
    alfie4.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 27
Hello!!!

I'm Katie, and I have a corn snake named Alfie!
He's my first snake, and I've not had him long, here's hoping we bond haha.

Welcome! What a lovely snake Alfie is. I'm Nora, and my snake Ekans and I say hello! :p

Ekans is also my first snake, and this forum has already been a huge help. There's a lot of great information here and people have been wonderful so far. I hope to get to see more of you and Alfie around! Best wishes.

Welcome! I'm also new to snake ownership with my first, Dom, and new to the forum as well! Alfie is gorgeous, how old is he? I also really like your enclosure, do you have more photos of that?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Welcome to you and Alfie, Katie! There is no doubt that you will bond as it is nearly impossible that you won't. Alfie is so cute.

:welcome:

Welcome to you and Alfie. My snakes love paper towel hides and if they get soiled, I throw them away and put another couple in their enclosure.

Welcome! What a lovely snake Alfie is. I'm Nora, and my snake Ekans and I say hello! :p

Ekans is also my first snake, and this forum has already been a huge help. There's a lot of great information here and people have been wonderful so far. I hope to get to see more of you and Alfie around! Best wishes.

Oh my god, that's an amazing name. I love it! Hello to you, and Ekans!

Welcome! I'm also new to snake ownership with my first, Dom, and new to the forum as well! Alfie is gorgeous, how old is he? I also really like your enclosure, do you have more photos of that?

Thanks! We got told he was 7-9ish, they're not 100% sure. On our feeding chart for him, it says he's 9. I think they were erring on the older side just in case.
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/pets-at-home-terrestrial-reptile-vivarium-120cm

that's the viv he's in, it just has some aspen bedding on the bottom, and a couple of empty toilet roll holders, and currently a cardboard box for him to hide in, as the pet shop didn't have any hides he'd fit in when we brought him home (they are enroute, I've got them being delivered), and a bendy vine thing to climb on, and he climbs over all of it. I've not got any pictures of it all set up with the bedding etc....

19105738_10154835293508892_1877584422146517490_n.jpg

it's not obvious but there's a second shelf for him to climb on, on the left hand side, it's just high up. It's currently on top of my bearded dragons viv.

Welcome to you and Alfie, Katie! There is no doubt that you will bond as it is nearly impossible that you won't. Alfie is so cute.

:welcome:

I hope so, it's always something I'm a bit not scared of, but nervous? about when bringing a new pet home, that they just won't like me for whatever reason.

Welcome to you and Alfie. My snakes love paper towel hides and if they get soiled, I throw them away and put another couple in their enclosure.

this might sound like a stupid question, but what do you mean by paper towel hides? Do you just put in some paper towel? Like scrunched up? or something, and your snake just burrows in?

@beyourownspotlight Thanks for the pic and the link, that's a really cool concept. I like it better than the traditional aquarium. Easy to maintain the temperature gradient and humidity?

@beyourownspotlight Thanks for the pic and the link, that's a really cool concept. I like it better than the traditional aquarium. Easy to maintain the temperature gradient and humidity?

so far no problems, I keep my bearded dragon in the same, just with no shelving in it, she's far too clumsy for them haha. And i've not had a problem with any of her sheds, or temps.

managed to get more pics, if you're still interested in what his viv looks like.
19398171_10154858712233892_2000986963_n.jpg

19427736_10154858712138892_764655315_n.jpg

19398590_10154858712143892_564223578_n.jpg

19398021_10154858712158892_1793301422_n.jpg

Back