CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Been a WHILE, quick question (with photo).

Old 06-25-2017, 09:02 PM   #1
Jupiter
Been a WHILE, quick question (with photo).

Hello all! Been ages since I've posted on here, been lurking over the last week or two, good to see everyone around. Sir Blinky is doing great, I think he's almost reached max length at about 4 ft 3 and lately he's been working on filling out that long body and has been putting on (healthy) weight. He skipped another month or two for the ole spring time rat snake breeding season, as always, but has been eating/shedding perfectly other than that.

Now on to my small concern. Today I did his bimonthly viv tear down/clean out, and while I had him out I decided to take him outside into the beautiful post-storm, 71 degree weather to take a quick pic. While I was looking him over I saw a single scale on his neck that was discolored. I rubbed my finger over it and it was a tad rough, but barely noticeable against the surrounding scales. Here is a pic

Did that work? And is the pic big enough? I'm using the tapatalk app and I'm not sure if that worked, if there is a problem or it's too small tell me and I'll try and fix it. Also, sorry for the quality, it was taken on an ipad, I would take another closer one but I forgot I was gonna post this and fed him, so I don't want to bother him right now. I'm almost sure it's nothing and it will go away when he sheds again, which he's due for pretty soon. Tbh this is mostly a post just to say hello again to everyone, and to make sure this is nothing to worry about. Any questions at all feel free to ask. Taking pictures with him in my hands is almost impossible these days, so soon I plan on making a little safe area on the hill behind my house and setting him on the ground and taking some pics to update his progression thread.

Oh, yea and to head off any humidity questions (if there were going to be any lol) his viv stays between 35% and 55% humidity. Typically somewhere around 45ish.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #2
Jupiter
Well shoooot, looking at that pic you can barely see what I'm talking about lol, lets see if I can find another

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 06-26-2017, 09:13 AM   #3
DollysMom
Just keep a watch on it. It should be back to normal in after a shed or two. Its probably just an injured scale. If it gets worse either before or during the next shed then it's probably vet time. Odds are it will just stay the same and heal over a couple of sheds.

Sir Blinky is absolutely beautiful. So glad to hear from you!

Old 06-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
albertagirl
Yup, just looks to me like a lifted scale. Like he tried to go backwards and that scale kinda caught on something. I have one girl who really likes to go backwards really fast, and she always has a few of those. They disappear with the next shed.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #5
Jupiter
Thanks for the replies, I'll keep en eye on it .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google