• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn snake breeding tips needed

al_kh89

hi im new to this
im soon to get a snake and want to breed them just as i breed geckos. can you keep a male and female corn snake in the same cage? it will be a very big cage i just need to know wether theyd eat each other
- aaron

Welcome to the forum

I would recommend that you get yourself a corn snake manual from Kathy Love..Keeping corns together is a trick question that all boils down to your own personal preferences..Sometimes corns can live together and have no problems.. Other times one of the corns may get stressed and not wanna eat..

Also corn snake cannabalisim is very rare in adult corns..

I would not recommended housing hatchling corns together as there is a possibility of the female becoming gravid at to young of an age which can cause possible harm to her since she is so little...

Again I strongly recommend you get the corn snake manual..However, If you do decide to put them together make sure you have plenty of hides in the tank..I would go with at least two hides at each end of the tank..

Remember, these are going to be your corns do what you think is best for them..If they seem happy together then leave them together..If one seems to be stressed then you may have to separate them..Happy Herping..

This is just my opinion on keeping corns together..

HTH,
Drizzt

Back