CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Reporting Posts - A Word of Warning
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 06:43 AM   #11
Susan
Forum rules apply to chat as well as private messages and visitor messages. If there are rule violations, try to save and send a copy of the chat to the moderators so we can review it and deal with it appropriately. However, just make sure that site rules have been violated. Just because you don't like what someone has said doesn't always mean the rules have been broken and reporting such posts may even lead to you yourself getting the infraction for making a frivolous report.
 
Old 08-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #12
mike17l
What about a moderator issuing infractions where another moderator has already said something and deemed the issue non-infraction worthy? What is the policy in this situation?
 
Old 08-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #13
Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
I'm guessin' the mods will back up the mod who already made a decision. I'm not a mod, here, and likely never will be, so don't quote me on this, but in other online places where I HAVE been a mod (and/or still am), it's generally policy to go with whatever the head honcho decides.
 
Old 08-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #14
snakewispera snr
I wouldn't worry about it.
I'm really a horrible get, and I only ever got one infraction.... Because James I came back.
Oh no.... There goes another.... Rule is... Never mention British Royalty in your posts...
And don't bother reporting threads.... Unless it's porn or ads...
It will only attract the mods to you and Susan is mean.... So watch her...
 
Old 08-07-2010, 04:56 AM   #15
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
I wouldn't worry about it.
I'm really a horrible get, and I only ever got one infraction.... Because James I came back.
Oh no.... There goes another.... Rule is... Never mention British Royalty in your posts...
And don't bother reporting threads.... Unless it's porn or ads...
It will only attract the mods to you and Susan is mean.... So watch her...
I feel left out of the joke, care to explain for us ignorant Americans?
 
Old 08-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #16
tsst
I have argued in many threads here. I just try my best to avoid making it personal. I have never reported any posts and so far as I know have never had any of mine reported. At least I never received a warning or infraction. I guess I will just trudge along the way I have.
 
Old 08-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #17
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertanimal View Post
I think what Susan was saying is that 3 months is ridiculous, not 3 days.
I don't report posts much (never have), but I would like to point out that threads may be months old and get brought up to the top again if someone else makes a post to it. The complainer "might" not realize it is a 3 months old post they are reporting. For the record, this can't apply to me. I haven't reported any posts in a good long while (and very few ever). I'm just saying that I could see where someone could make this mistake once, and I think consideration should be given in that case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
obviously against the rules to "I find your views to be a bit sophormoric" which to me is an opinion- which is suddenly infraction-worthy, due to this slippery slope of tattletale-ism we are avalanching down recently. In my opinion, MY opinion, not speaking for anyone else, if you want to go to somewhere where it's all sweetness and light and no one can disagree, much less heatedly- I can give you the link.
That MIGHT apply to me. This is my first post outside of the classifieds or my own forum in 2 months because I did get an infraction point for calling a statement taunting a handicapped person sophomoric. I have no intention of telling the moderators how to do their job. I have no intention of telling Rich how to run his site. I am not criticizing the moderators, rich, or this site. I'm not doing ANY attack in this post.

What I'm doing is saying that I (1) either don't understand the new rules or (2) don't like the new rules. Either way, I shouldn't heavily participate in a forum in which I don't understand OR agree with the rules. (It is disrespectful to the owner and other members - both groups are people I like a lot - for me to do otherwise.) This has generally caused me to mostly stop posting here of my own volition. To tell the truth, I am more than tired having to be careful who I disagree with because they might turn around and call me an insulting name like "retarded" or just spew out a personal threat.

That's just my opinion. It isn't worth anything to anyone but me.
...and I kinda like it that way!
KJ
 
Old 08-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #18
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
What about a moderator issuing infractions where another moderator has already said something and deemed the issue non-infraction worthy? What is the policy in this situation?
The moderators generally go with the ruling of the first moderator to deal with the situation. Sometimes, one moderator has dealt with the reported post by making a simple post in that thread. However, another moderator, going to the reported post directly through the link provided in the reported post forum, may not see that post by the other moderator until after they have also dealt with the issue in the manner they saw fit to perform. That has happened at least once, probably more, even in a closed thread as moderators that jump to a thread via a link do not see that the thread is closed, are able to post in that thread without knowing it is closed, and only find out about it later on.

HOWEVER, we do not always hold to the ruling by the "first come" moderator and another moderator may issue or remove an infraction if they feel the situation warrants a change in ruling. In those very rare cases, the moderators have discussed the situation behind closed doors, usually with Rich being involved as well. Most of the time, it is simply a misruling by a newer moderator that doesn't know that similar situations have been dealt with in a certain manner as per Rich's instructions. Sometimes, Rich over-rules the decision himself.
 
Old 08-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #19
Susan
KJ, if you want to discuss the differences between petty squabbling between members of known differing opinions which occurs in simple harmless threads that end with the failure to heed a moderator's cease and desist warning and the issuing of infractions to all involved parties and the heated discussions of known volatile subjects by members from opposing sides that are generally left alone until they go overboard into personal harassment and attack, feel free to PM me.
 
Old 08-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Roosevelt View Post
I feel left out of the joke, care to explain for us ignorant Americans?
It was a while back when a member had a hissy fit and made a GBCW thread. They made some comment about never returning, like James I.
Then the next day they made another thread and I commented that James I was back. Got me my only infraction.
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 PM.



Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Fauna Top Sites
 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.03163409 seconds with 11 queries
Copyright Rich Zuchowski/SerpenCo