CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Firearms
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2019, 08:12 AM   #1
67temp
Firearms

Seems there might be a few others here that are also into firearms for various reasons. What kind do you have or collect? Are they for target practice, shtf, self defense, sporting/hunting, military collectables, etc?

I seem to be drawn mostly to Marlin and store brand 22's and shotguns. The 22's are for general plinking and squirrel hunting. My trap gun is a marlin O/U made in 1957. I also have a pump action (gallery gun) made by marlin in 1909/10 that only shots 22 shorts.

A large portion of my field and home defense guns are Mossberg 500's set up in various configurations. I think I'm currently at 8+ of those now.

For hand guns my collection is all over the place from various manufacturers. My personal favorites are a pair of stainless Ruger Vaqueros (single action revolvers) in 45lc.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #2
Twolunger
I was a bit spoiled when I lived in Michigan because I had 50 acres with a nice valley behind the house. I could take any weapon and shoot any time I felt like it. I had a back stop of logs and dirt to trap the bullets. I could also skeet shoot with a Browning shotgun, or an older Ithaca double barrel. I had a variety of rifles and handguns all the way from a .308 Norma magnum to a .17 beauty. However, in southern Florida you usually need to go to a range, and that involves a drive and structured range rules. No longer as much fun. I sold off all my guns except for a H&R .22 revolver, a Ruger LC-9 which I carry concealed most of the time, and a Sig Saurer SP 2022 .40 which I can carry if I wear a jacket to conceal it. For fun plinking I have a Benjamin Discovery PCP in .22 cal, and a Hatsan Tactical PCP in .25 cal. I charge the cylinders with a scuba tank or a high pressure hand pump. The Hatsan company makes high powered PCP rifles that pack a wallop. There are .50 cal PCP rifles too.

The funny thing is that when I took my handguns to the police station to register them, they told me you don't register guns in Florida. A far cry from parts of Michigan that required a safety class and demonstration of handgun knowledge.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
67temp
How do you like the lc-9? That's on my list along with a g43 for potential concealed carry instead of my g19.

I'm moving from MD to PA. It will be nice to be in a shall issue state vs one that doesn't consider self protection a valid reason for carry. As you also said having the land to shoot on your own property or out the back door will be nice.

I do have an AR or two but I've never been into the tactical look of feel. I really have an appreciation for some high gloss wood with a nice deep bluing metal.

Most of the time if I'm hunting anything under 200yds I use a 12ga slug gun. Further will get the Tikka in .300WM.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 10:58 AM   #4
Rich Z
Speaking of shotguns, I just recently picked up this little puppy...




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaW5qnYSpw0


For squirrel eradication I use a Savage A17 in .17HMR. VERY accurate rifle.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoaBZ_oW8rM

For CCW, I use a Glock 33, which is chambered in .357Sig.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 01:15 PM   #5
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
How do you like the lc-9? That's on my list along with a g43 for potential concealed carry instead of my g19.

I'm moving from MD to PA. It will be nice to be in a shall issue state vs one that doesn't consider self protection a valid reason for carry. As you also said having the land to shoot on your own property or out the back door will be nice.

I do have an AR or two but I've never been into the tactical look of feel. I really have an appreciation for some high gloss wood with a nice deep bluing metal.

Most of the time if I'm hunting anything under 200yds I use a 12ga slug gun. Further will get the Tikka in .300WM.
That LC-9 was a Christmas gift from my son. I was looking for a Sig .380 but once I shot the LC-9 I loved it. Not too heavy to carry and easy to conceal. I got the Sig .40 thinking I'd carry it but even though it's a polymer it is still heavy, especially when it's loaded. As you know the LC-9 and most of the concealables are meant for up close and personal use. I never tried it for accuracy beyond 25 feet. At that range it's pretty good.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 01:58 PM   #6
Twolunger
I can see some new jewelry in Connie's future.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 02:04 PM   #7
mcnann_fam
I also conceal carry an LC-9 and love it. It is the perfect size for me. I do wish the trigger pull on it wasn't so damn long/heavy/etc. My partner carries a Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 which he likes. Its a little stockier than mine but not as boxy as a glock. He has plans to build an AR to his specifications and I would like a basic pump action shot gun.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 02:42 PM   #8
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnann_fam View Post
I also conceal carry an LC-9 and love it. It is the perfect size for me. I do wish the trigger pull on it wasn't so damn long/heavy/etc. My partner carries a Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 which he likes. Its a little stockier than mine but not as boxy as a glock. He has plans to build an AR to his specifications and I would like a basic pump action shot gun.
My son carries a small Kimber and I hinted that a small handgun like his would be a good Christmas present. Well, I should have been more specific, but it turned out great anyway. LOL. What's funny is that my oldest son has a gun collection and the youngest doesn't even have any home protection. I offered him one of my guns but he said he doesn't want one.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 03:45 PM   #9
67temp
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
As you know the LC-9 and most of the concealables are meant for up close and personal use. I never tried it for accuracy beyond 25 feet. At that range it's pretty good.
I've got a beretta m9 with a bunch of trigger work I typically use for plinking. Which reminds me I need to get that back from my wife. She liked how it shot and claimed it as hers.
 
Old 01-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #10
Twolunger
My son has 2 Ruger .22's one with the heavy barrel that has a silencer on it. He had to jump through hoops to get a federal permit, and the local sheriff had to send someone out to see how he safeguards it. I thought Congress was going ease up the regulations but guess not.
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 PM.





Fauna Top Sites
 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.03530097 seconds with 10 queries
Copyright Rich Zuchowski/SerpenCo