CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

how often?

Old 04-14-2002, 02:12 AM   #1
lynn
how often?

how often can you give a corn a bath? I tried with Wilma and she seem's to like it now but Iam not sure if you can give it to them too much.

Old 04-14-2002, 03:33 AM   #2
Simon
I would say once a week is already good enough. Anything more than that I would be concerned about stressing it and the possiblity of getting respitory infection.

Good thing that she likes her bath now.

Good luck and Happy Herping!

Old 04-14-2002, 10:19 AM   #3
lynn
Thank's Simon, might help her when she is ready to shed which will not be long.

Old 04-14-2002, 02:35 PM   #4
Kevin M
Can't say I give my corns a "bath". They tend to soak in their water bowls which good enough for me. But as Simon pointed out once a week should be fine.

-Kev

Old 04-14-2002, 07:52 PM   #5
Traci
Baths

My corn hates it when I try and soak him. He always trys to get out. He never soaks in his water bowl, but I do see him drink. Is this normal for some? Thanks

Old 04-14-2002, 08:01 PM   #6
Patty
I try and let my corn have a bath 2-3 times a week. Some days he likes it - sometimes he doesn't - but he ~~always~~ does his *buisness* when I do - he hates to do it in his cage.

I think it's definitely a matter of preference and time!

Patty
-and-
Shelly the corn (who's names is changes every time he sheds, by my 3yo nephew )

Old 04-14-2002, 08:29 PM   #7
Kevin M
Traci

All corns have different personalities. if your corn doesnt like baths or to soak i wouldnt worry about it. Just because you dont see it doesnt mean its not happening. I myself have a few corns that seem to hate water. But theyre fine.

-Kev

Old 04-14-2002, 10:56 PM   #8
Simon
Traci,

well as long as it's drinking and shedding properly it doesn't really matter with the bath.
I consider the bath for them as an extra excercise. Swimming is healthy...hahhaha but if your snake doesn't like it, you don't have to force it to like it. Just make sure that the temp and humidity level is alright and everything will be fine. Your snake will be happy too.
But give it a few more tries once every now and then, it might like taking baths sooner or later.

Good luck and happy herping!

Old 04-16-2002, 05:31 AM   #9
lynn
traci

When I first tried her with a bath she hissed and got out as soon as possible then I tried her again later and she seem's to like it now. I love watching her go under the water but I only have a dishwashing bowl for her at the moment (just used for her and nothing else) I may get a baby bath so she has a bit more room.

Old 04-16-2002, 07:39 AM   #10
Rachel
I bathe mine in our tub. Just make sure that all soap, shampoo etc residue is washed out before you take your corn swimming! It gives them a bit more room to move around.
Ps corns are semi aquatic so it doesnt really matter how often you bathe them. If they get fed up with it I'm sure they'll let you know!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google