CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Tessera Club!! Post Yours Too!!

Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #61
SickPyth7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCargo View Post
The guy we got the orig animals from sold them as "Striped Okeetees"...he was a florida breeder who is no longer keeping snakes. He's been contacted multiple times to try and fill in more details but he never does/hard to get any replies from him... Don Soderberg contacted him to try and get the complete history (or his version) for the new upcoming cornsnake book but the guy blew hhim off- claimed he threw his harddrive into a lake... ???? strange huh? I think Don's version of thier history on his website tells about everything we know...

Anyways, he did send up pics-- that was years ago. I lost them in a computer crash. They were small fuzzy pics...hard to see alot... I REALLY WISH those pics were still around. Plus at the time I didn't expect them to be anything more than a striped okeetee project (y'all know how I love my okeetees).
I sent a personal email but this answers my questions for now I guess. To bad because this morph is outrageously cool!

Old 02-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #62
StrangeCargo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickPyth7 View Post
I sent a personal email but this answers my questions for now I guess. To bad because this morph is outrageously cool!
No problem man...I responded...might have mentioned alittle more.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #63
StrangeCargo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro View Post
Don told me today that he threw the harddrive into the lake and got rid of all his snakes cause the city he was living in banned all snakes, and yes it is wierd!
John
Yeah- the guy was alittle unstable maybe. He got pissed when we contacted him saying that they 1.2 trio arrived and was actually a 2.1 reverse trio... his response was "Your never satsified are you?". I guess he and KJ had had some previous dealings-I tink KJ kinda got a bad deal on some animals he'd bought. I actually didn't realize it was the same guy until KJ pointed it out later....

Don was hoping to get HIS version of the history & whatever background pics he had- offering to give him the REAL credit for the Tesseras- but he just told Don the :threw the harddrive in the lake" story...

Old 02-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #64
SickPyth7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCargo View Post
Yeah- the guy was alittle unstable maybe. He got pissed when we contacted him saying that they 1.2 trio arrived and was actually a 2.1 reverse trio... his response was "Your never satsified are you?". I guess he and KJ had had some previous dealings-I tink KJ kinda got a bad deal on some animals he'd bought. I actually didn't realize it was the same guy until KJ pointed it out later....

Don was hoping to get HIS version of the history & whatever background pics he had- offering to give him the REAL credit for the Tesseras- but he just told Don the :threw the harddrive in the lake" story...
Well thats to bad....cause I'm going to remember the three of you as the ones who established the Tessera. Oh well...what can yah do

thanks Graham

Old 02-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #65
guttatus.ch
Here my female from 2009.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #66
Outcast
I have a question, do the Tessera lines tend to get bigger? or are they on the smaller side like the cinders?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #67
cornmorphs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
I have a question, do the Tessera lines tend to get bigger? or are they on the smaller side like the cinders?
I've found that cinders tend to get to the same lengths, but are much more slender. Hets seem to carry on as normal though.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #68
Outcast
Could you imagine a Tessera Peppermint.... I would just die!

Old 02-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #69
Chip
I'll defer to those 3 people who have older animals, but so far, they are running big for me.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #70
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
Could you imagine a Tessera Peppermint.... I would just die!
I wonder if a Peppermint Tessera would be pinker than a saddled Peppermint. The stripe pattern of Peppermint is quite colorful.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google