CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Tessera Club!! Post Yours Too!!

Old 02-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #81
The_Saiyajin
I never said there is a super form.
Its just important for the question above to know is there is one.
If its dominant there will be het Tessera and Hom Tessera animals.
But its never said, if the will look different or not.

We will see
Greetings
Chris

Old 02-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #82
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickPyth7 View Post
I agree...at the same time though, many Tesseras out there are carrying unknown hets. Look at Joe Pierce's his is unknown. Which is awsome! I'd love to know that mine has something going on too! The study and research of it all... I'd have to say is what makes this morph so much fun, don't you?
I know who bred him, and can see what is on his site for clues. Not knowing, what his hets are, is causing me to test him out, making more projects with Tessera than I probably would have. He certainly has the look of an out crossed Corn to a Mutant, such as Lavender or Ghost, we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrojo View Post
I'm not sure there IS a super... I *might* breed two together this year, but others have and no obvious super was produced to my understanding.
With Motley and Striped in some mixes, it might be hard to tell. It could be very slight, but Homo Tesseras should be possible.

Painted Horses have a few different dominant genes. One line, does produced Homo dominant Paints that when bred to any solid horse produces a Paint 100% of the time. Another Dominant Paint Horse gene, that is in other equine, can only produce Het Dominant offspring. The homo match up is fatal, and is usually aborted, or lost at birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro View Post
Hey Justin,
This was confirmed by Don today, the grandparents of the first tesseras were a striped corn X okeetee so I guess everyone of the tesseras out there have a chance to be het striped.
John
We have all seen “Striped” Corns mislabel in ads. Tessera looks like a “Striped” Corn to many, and many variations of Motley are called “Striped”. The “striped” corn X okeetee breeding has to be het Tessera at least and it makes since that somebody who doesn’t really know what a Genetic Striped looks like, would likely bred them to a Stripe or Motley, to get that allele in the mix.

Now that I have seen a few more photos of Striped Tessera and Motley Tessera, it looks pretty obvious. I guess the Tessera Motleys are picked out due to the black borders first and perhaps other things I am not seeing yet. I hope to see several clutches of then this year.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #83
SickPyth7
There is always a possible chance for a super. Granted the Spider Ball Python never proved a Super, the Woma Ball Python proved some type of Super/Hidden Gene call "pearl".

When I produce girls I will be breeding Tessera X Tessera for as long as I own Tesseras. You never know what could happen. Never rule it out, maybe no supers can come of it but that doesn't mean something else can't.

I love this thread

Old 02-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #84
Seriva Senkalora
Quote:
This one has just amazing colors! I really love the contrast!

~
Seriva

Old 02-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #85
SickPyth7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreipeoj View Post
We have all seen “Striped” Corns mislabel in ads. Tessera looks like a “Striped” Corn to many, and many variations of Motley are called “Striped”. The “striped” corn X okeetee breeding has to be het Tessera at least and it makes since that somebody who doesn’t really know what a Genetic Striped looks like, would likely bred them to a Stripe or Motley, to get that allele in the mix.
Joe I'm completely confused. I come from Ball Python knowledge, and as you may know there are a ton of co-dominant / dominant morphs. So how can a corn be het Tessera if it is dominant or co-dominant? I have never seen or heard of anyone explaining the inter workings of a Spider ball, pastel ball, etc... by saying thats a het Spider or thats a het pastel? You cannot because they are not het for those traits, they are dominant. I know I don't fully understand genetics thats why I'm asking.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #86
zorro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickPyth7 View Post
Joe I'm completely confused. I come from Ball Python knowledge, and as you may know there are a ton of co-dominant / dominant morphs. So how can a corn be het Tessera if it is dominant or co-dominant? I have never seen or heard of anyone explaining the inter workings of a Spider ball, pastel ball, etc... by saying thats a het Spider or thats a het pastel? You cannot because they are not het for those traits, they are dominant. I know I don't fully understand genetics thats why I'm asking.
As I understand it, Tessera is a visual het. It only takes a tessera gene on one allele therefor het. I think corn snake folks talk about hets that are mostly always unexpressed, and therefor getting phenotype and genotype mixed up. It took me a few to grasp this visual het thing.
John

Old 02-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #87
Nanci
I thought it was already proven by breeding Tessera to Tessera that there was no super. Or is it now thought that they might have been Tessera/Normal x Tessera/Normal, or Tessera/Tessera x Tessera/Normal, and so have not had a chance to be super (Tessera/Tessera x Tessera/Tessera)?

Old 02-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #88
zorro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I thought it was already proven by breeding Tessera to Tessera that there was no super. Or is it now thought that they might have been Tessera/Normal x Tessera/Normal, or Tessera/Tessera x Tessera/Normal, and so have not had a chance to be super (Tessera/Tessera x Tessera/Tessera)?
There hasn't been a super form found or should I say recognised yet, but as I said before that doesn't mean that one may show.
The hard thing for me to understand is that you would think breeding tesseraXtessera would give all tesseras but it doesn't, wierd huh???????
John

Old 02-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #89
SickPyth7
Quote:
There hasn't been a super form found or should I say recognised yet, but as I said before that doesn't mean that one may show.
The hard thing for me to understand is that you would think breeding tesseraXtessera would give all tesseras but it doesn't, wierd huh???????
John
I'm sorry Zorro but to me its not weird, only recessive trait bred to recessive trait can produce all of the same offspring. It does not work like that with Tessera if it is dominant or co-dominant and anything like ball pythons that would mean you can breed a Tessera X Tessera and get Normals, Tesseras, and if one exists a Super Tessera.

Maybe its me but does the definition of genetics for Corns different than Balls? If so... I have to re-learn it all over again, cause Ball pythons are pretty simple to understand to me.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #90
Nanci
That's why there _should_ be a super form, right? It just may not be noticeable to our eyes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google