CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

New 10 year old corn is super lazy / sleepy

Old 07-15-2020, 01:32 AM   #1
MatCat
New 10 year old corn is super lazy / sleepy

I picked up a 10 year old female last week, she is an absolute sweet heart, ate right away for me with plenty of gusto, isn't hidey, but she is super sleepy / lazy, if I take her out she will just sleep on my neck / arm / hands and do very little exploring. Anyone seen corns like this? Otherwise she seems super healthy.

Old 07-15-2020, 02:39 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
Is she going into shed? If not and since she eats well, I would say it's just her personality.

Old 07-15-2020, 10:04 AM   #3
Rich Z
Yeah, I had one like that years ago. Wound up selling it to a guy who thought there was something wrong with the snake and wanted to return it. The snake was just a puppy dog and not a damn thing wrong with it. I tell you, I really HATED retail sales and some of the jokers we had to deal with.

Old 07-15-2020, 01:58 PM   #4
MatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, I had one like that years ago. Wound up selling it to a guy who thought there was something wrong with the snake and wanted to return it. The snake was just a puppy dog and not a damn thing wrong with it. I tell you, I really HATED retail sales and some of the jokers we had to deal with.
Whats funny to me about it, is the woman I got her from said she couldn't take care of her properly cause she was too bitey to go in and clean or handle, this snake hasn't even postured at me, let alone bite, she really is just a puppy dog of a snake. Even yesterday when I took her out, she was in her log and did NOT want to come out, but she never got defensive at me trying to convince her to come out of the log .

I don't know her well enough yet to tell if she is going in blue yet, her eyes are normal so I can't really tell, though she is spending a bit of time in her humid hide .

Old 07-15-2020, 05:06 PM   #5
Rich Z
It has been my experience that many times when a snake goes in blue, it becomes MORE agitated and defensive because of it's vision being clouded.

I used to hate it when I would flip over a board or sheet tin and an opaque black racer was underneath. Actually had some of those suckers chase me, striking the entire time. I would have to wait for them to tire themselves out before I could grab them and toss them up into a tree so I could make my escape.

Old 07-15-2020, 05:22 PM   #6
MatCat
LOL, never know what you will get when you go herping :P I actually really want to go herping down at Lake Tahoe (I live on a mountain in NV just above Tahoe), I want to find a rubber boa down there . Not many other snakes in the area besides some king snakes and rattlers, so a pretty horrible area for snakes.

Old 07-16-2020, 08:20 PM   #7
MissJennifer
I'm guessing personality. Mine is very similar. She does adventure onto my art table to check out everything; and a new thing is turning herself into a belt. 95% of time when I have her out she's in my hoodie or in my hair.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Old 07-16-2020, 08:23 PM   #8
MatCat
LOL cute :P Actually I am pretty sure mine did end up going in shed, she has been in her humid box for 3 days now, she apperently came out last night to crap and went right back in :P I am going to crack the lid on her humid box today and look and see if her eyes went blue.

Old 07-16-2020, 08:34 PM   #9
MatCat
Yeah I just cleaned out the poop and checked on her, she isn't fully blue yet but her eyes are starting to cloud and I can see in her skin the dullness of shed, she did NOT want to be held, she didn't get defensive, but she was super squirmy wanting to get off me lol So I put her back in to not stress her out much, what are the odds both my snakes go into blue at the same time lol.

Old 07-17-2020, 11:19 PM   #10
Frank Pinello
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
It has been my experience that many times when a snake goes in blue, it becomes MORE agitated and defensive because of it's vision being clouded.

I used to hate it when I would flip over a board or sheet tin and an opaque black racer was underneath. Actually had some of those suckers chase me, striking the entire time. I would have to wait for them to tire themselves out before I could grab them and toss them up into a tree so I could make my escape.
Rich, I started laughing out loud when I read your post above picturing you running from a black racer in the woods.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google