CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Questions about Corns

Old 10-22-2019, 10:00 PM   #1
KuroFriDay
Question Questions about Corns

Hello! A newbie here. Here's some questions about Corn Snakes. Thanks for your time everyone.

1) So I'm choosing between Albino corns or Normal corns. I will love to bring them out for walks. So is UVb from the real Sun harmful for Albino Corns?

2) I heard some say we should handle our snakes once a week while some say we can handle them daily. Which one is true? Can I handle them daily? Will they get stressed if I do?

3) Can I chill with them on bed often? How often?

Thank you.

Old 10-28-2019, 10:09 PM   #2
pitzMike
Its seems that nobody has answered your questions so ill try my best to answer.

1. Im not sure about the effect of UVB but Albinos/Amel have eyes that are sensitive to light.

2. In my personal experience, you can handle them anytime as long as they are not in pre-shed/shed and/or have eaten recently. Duration can also vary depending on the snake's behavior (I handle each of my snakes for at least 5-10mins). Constant handling will make them less jumpy and nervous.

3. Yes. But unlike Ball Python, Corn snakes are very active.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:04 AM   #3
Dragonling
I would be inclined to go normal instead of Amel if you intend to have it in the sun frequently. Brief outings are likely no big deal, but regular long sunny walks could potentaily lead to earlier instances of cataracts and other ocular problems in Amels. Though if you really want a pet to regularly go on walks with, a dog would get quite a bit more out of it.

Considering that I've witnessed some snakes slither through a fresh poop they just dropped, I do not allow any reptiles in my bed.

Old 10-31-2019, 03:26 PM   #4
Zincubus
I wouldn’t be taking snakes out for walks to be honest.. it sounds kinda needy as though you’d be looking for attention ... plus there’s no guaranteeing you’ll get positive reactions from the general public .. many are either terrified or/and hate snakes soooooo ..

Corn snakes are fine to handle daily apart from 48 hours after a meal and when they’re in ‘shed mode’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 11-07-2019, 05:33 AM   #5
KuroFriDay
Thank you all so much!

Old 11-07-2019, 06:38 PM   #6
Karl_Mcknight
I take my snake out all the time. It's not an Albino though. Most people have positive things to say and many are curious and want to get a closer look or touch. Those that don't like it..... F 'em. (Pardon my French) but I really don't care what other people think.

My snake is a pet, it's a member of the family and it gets treated that way. We handle him daily for the most part except for about 2 days (after eating) every 2 weeks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google