CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Corn or Ball Python

Old 11-23-2019, 07:33 PM   #11
Averysmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
I watch movies with mine curled up on my lap !!!

Put them on your lap and they have a little sniff around here and there then after a minute or so if you keep moving them back on you they soon curl up and chill ..

The important thing with Royals / Ball Pythons is to ensure that you buy a GOOD eater / feeder .. so buy off a trustworthy breeder / store you know or trust or is recommended to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awe I love that! I told my brother this and he’s excited to just sit and chill with his snake.

Yes good to know. I read that they can be a bit picky eaters so hopefully we can find him one that eats well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-23-2019, 07:48 PM   #12
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averysmom View Post
Awe I love that! I told my brother this and he’s excited to just sit and chill with his snake.

Yes good to know. I read that they can be a bit picky eaters so hopefully we can find him one that eats well!

My friend called around to ours with her teenage daughter to check out my Corn snakes and King snakes but after they’d been sat down chatting afterwards-both holding a Royal each they said “ forget King snakes we’re having a Royal ‘“

I told my call about them getting a good eater off a breeder but about 4 days later she told me they’d bought one off Pets at Home !!
She said she mentioned she wanted a good feeder and the bloke said they had one that would eat anytime anywhere and promptly fed it in front of them !!

Old 11-23-2019, 08:20 PM   #13
Karl_Mcknight
in my opinion, corn snakes are easier to care for than ball pythons. I've had both. A lot of ball pythons will just stop eating and can actually starve to death. Temps, Humidity, everything has to be perfect for ball pythons, or they will just stop eating. They are prone to shedding problems too if you can't keep the humidity right. Corn snakes on the otherhand are more forgiving and can take a wider range of temperature swings and humidity swings. Male corn snakes will sometimes refuse to eat in mating season, but they usually eat again after a few weeks. I've never heard of a corn snake starving itself to death but I have heard of a number of ball pythons doing that. I actually got rid of my ball python and gave it to somebody else after 2 years, because it was just too finiky.

Old 11-24-2019, 12:17 AM   #14
Averysmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
in my opinion, corn snakes are easier to care for than ball pythons. I've had both. A lot of ball pythons will just stop eating and can actually starve to death. Temps, Humidity, everything has to be perfect for ball pythons, or they will just stop eating. They are prone to shedding problems too if you can't keep the humidity right. Corn snakes on the otherhand are more forgiving and can take a wider range of temperature swings and humidity swings. Male corn snakes will sometimes refuse to eat in mating season, but they usually eat again after a few weeks. I've never heard of a corn snake starving itself to death but I have heard of a number of ball pythons doing that. I actually got rid of my ball python and gave it to somebody else after 2 years, because it was just too finiky.

Thanks for sharing. I’ve read a lot about these things and he knows what he’d be getting into. He’s got a pros and cons list to go off of now so I’ll see what he decides.

Old 11-24-2019, 12:32 AM   #15
Zincubus
There’s not many adult Royals who just give up eating and starve to death .... I’ve never heard of any tbh
Some do go on fasts and occasionally lengthy ones ..but every one of mine that started as a good feeder have remained good feeders

Old 11-24-2019, 12:39 AM   #16
Zincubus
Quote:
There’s not many adult Royals who just give up eating and starve to death .... I’ve never heard of any tbh
Some do go on fasts and occasionally lengthy ones ..but every one of mine that started as a good feeder have remained good feeders

I keep Corns as well so I’m not exactly biased

Old 11-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #17
Averysmom
Quote:

I was thinking that a royal that starved to death would have really poor husbandry. My brother will have a proper set up. Which leads me to my next question, I’ve been doing research on humidity. Would spraying the terrarium down twice a day with a spray bottle be ok? Or should he get a humidifier.

Old 11-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #18
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averysmom View Post
I was thinking that a royal that starved to death would have really poor husbandry. My brother will have a proper set up. Which leads me to my next question, I’ve been doing research on humidity. Would spraying the terrarium down twice a day with a spray bottle be ok? Or should he get a humidifier.

I spray mine most days and they’re perfectly fine ..

Old 11-24-2019, 01:08 PM   #19
Averysmom
Quote:

Ok awesome thank you

Old 11-24-2019, 01:24 PM   #20
Averysmom
Quote:

Ok awesome thank you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google