• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progressions galore! Honeycomb, kastanie, etc...(Part 1)

Mitchell Mulks

I was taking hatchling photos from some recently hatched corns, and decided to photograph some of my older snakes too. All six of these snakes seemed to want their pictures taken tonight, so I thought I'd also include their older pics too. Enjoy!

Kastanie het blood ph amel (Roylance stock)
KS2401_zps59440caa.jpg

Kastanie_zps70571064.jpg

My kastanie's soon-to-be mate, a classic het kastanie ph amel blood
KS2391_zps75624e95.jpg

HetKastanie_zps6c0238cb.jpg

I sorta love this next guy. Joe Pierce and I collaborated last year and produced some one-of-a-kind tessera morphs. This young man is a hypo/strawberry anery tessera. He's all piss and vinegar, but he eats everything I put in his cage!
KS0092_zps074081b7.jpg

KS0093_zps62b23585.jpg

HypoStrawberryAneryTessera_zps78826add.jpg

Walter Smith was gracious enough to send this honeycomb corn (honey blood) my way. He eats like a champ but wants to grow in length more than width. Oh well, soon enough...
KS0281_zps27839722.jpg

HoneyBlood_zps697b4a08.jpg

More to come!

love the progression of that strawberry ghost tessera too. I really like the kastanie color diffusion. Is it German or American line?

Mitch,
What a lineup! You can't go wrong with the Kastanie mutation and those two look great. Thanks for sharing!

Orlando

I really like the kastanie color diffusion. Is it German or American line?

I'm not sure, but I think I do recall Steve telling me it was of American origin.

What a lineup! You can't go wrong with the Kastanie mutation and those two look great. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Orlando! I agree, as I don't think you can go wrong with the majority of the Kastanie mutations being produced these days.

I really like how light that ghost tessera has become.
love the progression of that strawberry ghost tessera too.

I appreciate the kind words. While I do love him, I can't wait until I can produce a pure strawberry anery tessera, one without a hypo allele in the mix. I have a female sib to the male you've both commented on, and she's an anery tessera het strawberry. When I breed her back to her dad I'll be able to produce that pure strawberry anery tessy!

Great progression photos! How did you get them to pose and stay still?

Is your hypo/anery tessera 100% strawberry, or part het strawberry? Beautiful snakes all around.

So sorry, I see that I you already told us it is a het strawberry. The exact same as mine. I got mine from Sean at VMSherp, did you get yours from him? All of those snakes are amazing looking.

Jeez I must be tired. Just saw that you said you bred it yourself. Please excuse me while I got to sleep lol.

Back